Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FMP look up?

FMP look up?

Hi,
    I can't find a birth/baptism for Abiel Wichello b. 1781 Tetsworth, Oxfordshire (details from census info) on Ancestry. Is anyone willing to look on FMP please and see if there is one on there - I'm trying to locate his father/mother.
    Thanks

I can’t find one either, sorry. Just two censuses, and a possible marriage in 1801 to Ann Holliday who could be the Hannah with him in 1841. Also a transcription of a GRO death in 1859 but most annoyingly I can’t find it on GRO website to get age at death. Have tried both the variant surname options as well.

Nothing much on FMP for Oxfordshire at all.
    There is a death for him 1859 Thame, Oxfordshire
    Kat

My avatar is my Grandmother - Ida Lock 1897-1988

Thanks for looking! Yes I have the death and marriage to Ann but nothing else. I'm not even sure that's him on the census' I have in Tetsworth as he's a school master which I find hard to believe in my family - we're farm labourers or travellers mostly! There are quite a few Abiel Wichello BMD's unfortunately for the same area so hard to try and work out who's who!

There’s trees on ancestry that refer to a baptism on 12 May 1781 at Tetsworth, son of John Whichello and Hester Herring but it’s a contributed entry not an indexed one and no image available.
    The trees have the marriage to Ann Holliday but the odd thing is that whilst in the two censuses, he’s a teacher, a couple of baptisms for their children in the trees have images saying he’s a butcher. A bit of a big career change that!

Yes - I think there maybe 2 or 3 abiel/Abel wichello's

Remember that there was absolutely no qualification needed to be a teacher back then. Anyone could start a school or call themselves a teacher.

However! The outlines of the words "teacher" and "butcher" are remarkably similar, so I would think he was one or the other, not both.

OC

Abiel, son of John and Hester Whichello, baptised 12 May 1781 Tetsworth.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...270_1_R1_2_014
    Last edited by ozgirl; 21-05-19 at 22:37.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

They transcribed his name as Alice!
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 21-05-19 at 22:41.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

His parents were John and Hester.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)