Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody with ancestry fancy a quick look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody with ancestry fancy a quick look?

just had a new DNA match with a common ancestor although its very distant but it says our common ancestor is Peter Brown so when I click on it I am able to see a small amount of her tree before it tells me to subscribe. I noticed there was a David Raeside on this small branch and wonder if thats the one that leads to Peter Brown!! If it is then bingo.....lol
    The user is tanialee1268 and the tree name is Lethbridge Family Tree.
    My David Raeside and PeterBrown both connect to Mary Henderson b1836 Scotland
    Thank you

hi no Peter Brown in her tree ?
    David Raeside born 1866 Scotland died 1905 married Medora Ward

Comment

had a quick look can't see Peter Brown in that tree, there is only 36 people in the tree. One is David Raeside 1866-1905 wife Medora
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Do you have the "Beta on" [it's a toggle switch] at the top of the page you view when you click on your match? If so, you will be able to preview up to 5 generations of that person's tree - hopefully enough for you to work out how you match up.

Alternatively, if you have a tree on Ancestry, and as you state you have a common ancestor, have you tried ThruLines from your DNA page? If you click on "Explore ThruLines" and then click on your direct ancestors one by one [you'll know which ones to start with I guess based on the match] you can then see EXACTLY where your common ancestor is if that person in on both trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          hi no Peter Brown in her tree ?
          David Raeside born 1866 Scotland died 1905 married Medora Ward
          thanks for looking. It said Peter Brown was a common ancestor but its such a common name....

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
            Do you have the "Beta on" [it's a toggle switch] at the top of the page you view when you click on your match? If so, you will be able to preview up to 5 generations of that person's tree - hopefully enough for you to work out how you match up.

Alternatively, if you have a tree on Ancestry, and as you state you have a common ancestor, have you tried ThruLines from your DNA page? If you click on "Explore ThruLines" and then click on your direct ancestors one by one [you'll know which ones to start with I guess based on the match] you can then see EXACTLY where your common ancestor is if that person in on both trees.
            dont think i can do much without a subscription. I opted to try FMP and then ancestry introduced the trulines feature. Will have to wait for next year now

Comment

she did have several trees, have just checked them to make sure no Brown on there. Is the Raeside correct? Looks like he moved to illinois
              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-05-19, 19:31.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                dont think i can do much without a subscription. I opted to try FMP and then ancestry introduced the trulines feature. Will have to wait for next year now
                You don't need a sub to use Thrulines as long as you have an AncestryDNA test you can do it and contact other testers

Comment

Working...
                X