Thread: Can any one pleas help

Can any one pleas help

My grand father William J cobham lost an arm and I am unable to fined out any thing about it .Is there any way that Iwould be able to fined out a bout it oar will it reman a mistory he was born in 1869 and died in 1929 he also disapear of the 1901 census yet he is on all the uther census from 1871 to 1891 and the 1911 . any help would be gratfuly reseved

Regreds Doug

where was he living/born so that I can pinpoint him on ancestry?

Do you think he lost an arm in the war or due to an accident? One of my family had a nasty accident with agricultural machine and it was reported in the newspaper. She did die sadly, so was more prominent.
    Carolyn

Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

I think you will find that he was found in 1911 but mis-transcribed, according to this previous thread.
    https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...request-to-all

I can see his occupation is theatre scene painter in 1911 (following info from other thread), not sure that would be a dangerous job to lose an arm.

Can't see him in 1901 easily to see his occupation, not sure where you can look for injuries. Do you know when he lost it, 1911 he states that he is 'cripple'.
    Carolyn

thought she said she already had him in 1911 Chrissie? and she is looking for him in 1901 ??

Val

Quote Originally Posted by doug_cobham View Post
    My grand father William J cobham lost an arm and I am unable to fined out any thing about it .Is there any way that Iwould be able to fined out a bout it oar will it reman a mistory he was born in 1869 and died in 1929 he also disapear of the 1901 census yet he is on all the uther census from 1871 to 1891 and the 1911 . any help would be gratfuly reseved

Regreds Doug
    There is a newspaper report here of the accident which happened in Keighley in 1885. He is reported as aged 15 and it resulted in his arm being amputated at the shoulder. He sued his employers. If you haven't got a findmypast sub, if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send it to you - probably not until tomorrow though as I have to go out shortly.
    https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/...18851224%2f122

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 17-05-19 at 14:59.
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (assorted Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballyculter, Strangford, Co Down)

Quote Originally Posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    thought she said she already had him in 1911 Chrissie? and she is looking for him in 1901 ??
    I wanted to see his occupation, to see if it had changed re the loss of arm.
    Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    There is a newspaper report here of the accident which happened in Keighley in 1885. He is reported as aged 15 and it resulted in his arm being amputated at the shoulder. He sued his employers. If you haven't got a findmypast sub, if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send it to you - probably not until tomorrow though as I have to go out shortly.
    https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/...18851224%2f122

Christine
    great find - I did have a quick look but have no sub thought it might be in papers, how terrible.
    Carolyn

A Doug has never responded to the other two threads, perhaps he does not understand that he needs to look on here for replies.

OC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    A Doug has never responded to the other two threads, perhaps he does not understand that he needs to look on here for replies.

OC
    I think you may be right - he originally asked this question in 2009.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages (Latest version ~ site often being updated, so subject to frequent changes.)
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates