Can any one pleas help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any one pleas help

My grand father William J cobham lost an arm and I am unable to fined out any thing about it .Is there any way that Iwould be able to fined out a bout it oar will it reman a mistory he was born in 1869 and died in 1929 he also disapear of the 1901 census yet he is on all the uther census from 1871 to 1891 and the 1911 . any help would be gratfuly reseved

Regreds Doug

where was he living/born so that I can pinpoint him on ancestry?

Do you think he lost an arm in the war or due to an accident? One of my family had a nasty accident with agricultural machine and it was reported in the newspaper. She did die sadly, so was more prominent.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I think you will find that he was found in 1911 but mis-transcribed, according to this previous thread.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I can see his occupation is theatre scene painter in 1911 (following info from other thread), not sure that would be a dangerous job to lose an arm.

Can't see him in 1901 easily to see his occupation, not sure where you can look for injuries. Do you know when he lost it, 1911 he states that he is 'cripple'.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

thought she said she already had him in 1911 Chrissie? and she is looking for him in 1901 ??

Comment

Originally posted by doug_cobham View Post
            My grand father William J cobham lost an arm and I am unable to fined out any thing about it .Is there any way that Iwould be able to fined out a bout it oar will it reman a mistory he was born in 1869 and died in 1929 he also disapear of the 1901 census yet he is on all the uther census from 1871 to 1891 and the 1911 . any help would be gratfuly reseved

Regreds Doug
            There is a newspaper report here of the accident which happened in Keighley in 1885. He is reported as aged 15 and it resulted in his arm being amputated at the shoulder. He sued his employers. If you haven't got a findmypast sub, if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send it to you - probably not until tomorrow though as I have to go out shortly.
            Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 17-05-19, 14:59.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              thought she said she already had him in 1911 Chrissie? and she is looking for him in 1901 ??
              I wanted to see his occupation, to see if it had changed re the loss of arm.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                There is a newspaper report here of the accident which happened in Keighley in 1885. He is reported as aged 15 and it resulted in his arm being amputated at the shoulder. He sued his employers. If you haven't got a findmypast sub, if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send it to you - probably not until tomorrow though as I have to go out shortly.
                Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Christine
                great find - I did have a quick look but have no sub :( thought it might be in papers, how terrible.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

A Doug has never responded to the other two threads, perhaps he does not understand that he needs to look on here for replies.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                    A Doug has never responded to the other two threads, perhaps he does not understand that he needs to look on here for replies.

OC
                    I think you may be right - he originally asked this question in 2009.
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you all for all your work and except my most sincere apologies for not replying to your post I have not been using the site properly you are all stars. Regards Doug

Comment

Hi all the people that have gone out of their way to help me with my grand father William J Cobham research I must apologise to you all for not replying plying to your post your all Stars all the best to you all Doug

Comment

Working...
                        X