Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas, John or the same man?

Hi!

Elizabeth Lovelock's husband is Thomas Faithfull (according to Ancestry hint) yet when I say yes and start looking at hint records all the marriages come up with John Faithfull! I have found a death record for a Elizabeth Faithfull (b.1658, Aldbourne d. 1723, Kintbury) and that shows her husband is Thomas. Cannot find a marriage for an Elizabeth Lovelock to a Thomas Faithfull. Also cannot find a birth/christening for either a Thomas nor a John Faithfull. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should look now to try and work out what's going on?

Thanks

the hints are probably due to other peoples trees, have you checked the other trees to see where they get their info from?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Where have you looked?? On any sites other than Ancestry???
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Is this the burial you found??? This is from FMP

Berkshire Burial Index

First name(s) Elisabeth
        Last name Faithfull
        Age 65
        Birth year 1658
        Residence Tidcombe
        Death year 1723
        Burial year 1723
        Burial date 20 Oct 1723
        Church St Mary
        Place Kintbury
        Relationship Wife
        Relation Thomas Faithfull Snr
        Notes date of death 17th Oct
        County Berkshire
        Country England
        Record set Berkshire Burial Index
        Category Life Events (BDMs)
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I found a Thomas Faithful married to an Eli*abeth Schrab in 1718, but in Hampshire ............

It made me think that perhaps Eli*beth Lovelock married at least once before Thomas.

You have remembered to look for possible different spellings, haven't you?
          Last edited by Sylvia C; 15-05-19, 00:48.

Comment

If all you are looking at is a transcription on Ancestry, which will originally have come from Familysearch, then I wouldn't be surprised if its an error in transcription. Some of these old registers are very difficult to read.

Having said that, looking at the Familysearch catalog only the Bishops Transcript has been filmed for that period (and can only be viewed at a FHS centre), so it could equally be a copying error from the PR to the BT.

The originals are held at Berkshire Records Office so you could contact them for a quote & at the same time confirm whether it's the BTs or the PR. Prices start at £10 though.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
              the hints are probably due to other peoples trees, have you checked the other trees to see where they get their info from?
              How do you see where they get the info. from?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                Where have you looked?? On any sites other than Ancestry???
                I only have an Ancestry sub.

Comment

Is this the burial you found??? This is from FMP

Berkshire Burial Index

First name(s) Elisabeth
                  Last name Faithfull
                  Age 65
                  Birth year 1658
                  Residence Tidcombe
                  Death year 1723
                  Burial year 1723
                  Burial date 20 Oct 1723
                  Church St Mary
                  Place Kintbury
                  Relationship Wife
                  Relation Thomas Faithfull Snr
                  Notes date of death 17th Oct
                  County Berkshire
                  Country England
                  Record set Berkshire Burial Index
                  Category Life Events (BDMs)
                  Yes

Comment

I found a Thomas Faithful married to an Eli*abeth Schrab in 1718, but in Hampshire ............

It made me think that perhaps Eli*beth Lovelock married at least once before Thomas.

You have remembered to look for possible different spellings, haven't you?
                    Yes I've tried other spellings - I'll look for previous marriages as hadn't thought about that!

Comment

Working...
                    X