Frank Jennings and Julia Franks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Jennings and Julia Franks

Looking for parents of Frank Jennings b 1860.c Yorkshire ?He married Julia Franks in 1890 Died in 1891 Yorkshire ? They had a son Frank William Jennings b 1891 Yorkshire ? Anyone help ?

The transcript of their marriage gives his age as 18 therefore a birthdate of 1871 not 1860. His death reg says he was aged 18 in Dec quarter 1890, which gives a birth date of 1872. This narrow it down a bit.

Comment

Frank Jennings married at Christchurch, Parkgate 27th July 1890, age 19, bachelor, occupation Miner, of 34 Holm Flat Street, Parkgate. Father: William Jennings, labourer.

(Julia was 25, of the same address, her father Henry Franks, labourer. both signed the register as did their witnesses Albert Henry Franks and Emma Reeves.)

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
        Looking for parents of Frank Jennings b 1860.c Yorkshire ?He married Julia Franks in 1890 Died in 1891 Yorkshire ? They had a son Frank William Jennings b 1891 Yorkshire ? Anyone help ?
        Checking GRO for a birth for Frank Jennings there are none for Yorkshire. Checking for Francis Jennings there is only one but it's not him as I can see him in 1891 census with a wife Annie.

How sure are you he was born in Yorkshire? What was his occupation?

Is he on the 1891 census?

Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 10-05-19, 07:03.

Comment

Using Jill's findings here's a possible birth

JENNINGS, FRANK MMN: WRIGHT
          GRO Reference: 1871 S Quarter in THIRSK Volume 09D Page 371

Comment

Jill ,This makes more sense ,birth 1871. I also note that Julia had a brother Albert . Margaret, I found Frank W Jennings ,stepson,9, on 1901 census with Julia his mother married to a William Barnes .So Frank junior must have been born about 1891 , after his father died.In OCT 1890 (think that makes sense! ) With a possible William as father and mother Wright I will have a check on census records. this is looking promising .many thanks . Will get back to you .
            Last edited by julip; 10-05-19, 20:36.

Comment

Your man was killed in a mining accident when a "clod" fell on him in Ardwarke Main Colliery, there's an inquest report in the Sheffield Daily Telelgraph 6th Nov 1890 which says "on Saturday last". He was pulled out alive but died about 5 minutes later. Most of the inquest is a debate about whether a representative of the men was allowed to be present without written authority. It also mentions the brother of the deceased, Solomon Jennings who was working near him when the accident happened.

Comment

Using that, I've found them in 1881 here (Ancestry) in the High Street of Burntwood Edial and Woodhouses, Staffordshire:

William G Jennings Head age 46 coalminer born
                Staff
                Tipton
                Matilda Jennings wife age 27 wife born
                Staff
                B??wood [must be a 2nd wife given the ages of other children]
                Solomon Jennings son age 19 coalminer born
                Staff
                Tipton Staff
                Mary Jennings dau age 17 servant domestic born
                Worcs
                Oldbury
                Adam Jennings son age 15 coal miner born
                Worcs
                Oldbury
                Frank Jennings son age 9 scholar born Worcs Shffield
                Joseph Upton son age 3 scholar born Staffs Brownhills

Comment

Solomon born June 1861 Dudley 6c 52 had mmn Beard. Frank Jennings Born March 1872 Sheffield 9c 447 had mmn Beard.

In 1871 Mother's name is Harriet aged 34. So it's my guess that this may be her death? -
                  Deaths Jun 1878 - JENNINGS Harriet 42 Lichfield 6b 259

It looks as though William had only married Matilda shortly before the census -

Marriages Mar 1881 -
                  JENNINGS William Cranage Lichfield 6b 476
                  UPTON Matilda Lichfield 6b 476
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

1861 census - https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

For some reason I can't fathom they appear to have married in Durham!?
                    Marriages Mar 1859 - Jennings William Cranaye - Auckland 10a 153 - Beard Harriet Auckland 10a 153

William died in 1888 - William Cranage Jennings - Estimated birth year abt 1835 - Reg Year 1888 - Reg Quarter Jul-Aug-Sep - Age at Death 53 - Reg district Sheffield - West Riding Yorkshire - Volume 9c - Page 283
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-05-19, 09:31.

Comment

This looks like William with his parents in 1851 - https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

Comment

This is Brilliant ,thank you all so much . It was a puzzle when he died so quick after his marriage. Now I can fill in the tree blanks. Thanks for taking the time to find out for me .

Comment

Could anyone help with finding the death of Julia Franks m to Frank Jennings (see above ). Last I have of her is 1911 census ,in Eastwood ,Nottingham ,with her second husband ,William Barnes . After you all did brilliantly with Frank hope you can do the same with Julia
                          Thanks
                          EP

Comment

How about this one? -
                            Deaths Dec 1912 - Barnes Julia 47 Basford 7b 164

Comment

This could be it Chrissie, her son got married in Basford , in 1912 .
                              Thanks
                              EP

Comment

Working...
                              X