Clark Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to recap, then.....

If I were you, I would purchase the 1907 birth certificate. If this turns out to be correct, then your next purchase would be the 1982 death certificate, which would give you information about his later life, such as his address, occupation and the name of the informant.

You can buy the birth certificate in pdf form for £7.

Comment

I suspect that the Arthur George Clark b Peterborough Apr-Jun 1907, mmn Spink, may be the one who married Gladys Irene Lister in 1933.

The 1939 shows them still in Peterborough, with Arthur's DoB as 1 Apr 1907. He died in Bournemouth in 1976.

Personally I'd be more inclined to obtain the Barnado's file. It will cost more, but should hopefully give you more information too.

Comment

Or you could get the 1982 death certificate and hopefully work backwards from that. The Barnados file will probably only tell you that their father had either vanished or that the parents had divorced.

Another way is to order the birth certificate but specify the date of birth. If the date of birth is not what you ask for, they will refund your money minus a £3 search fee.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Or you could get the 1982 death certificate and hopefully work backwards from that. The Barnados file will probably only tell you that their father had either vanished or that the parents had divorced.

Another way is to order the birth certificate but specify the date of birth. If the date of birth is not what you ask for, they will refund your money minus a £3 search fee.

OC
          That is useful to know about the DOB. Although there could be a query on year of birth as marriage cert doesn't tie in with 1939 reg I think it is one year different. May birthday, June wedding.

I looked at Barnardo's website, they charge quite a bit too. I did wonder what they would offer.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

wonder why we can't pin down birth cert on GRO? name change? maybe just swapped his names around?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Well, the Barnados file might be quite interesting to have, but it will basically only cover the reason for the children's admission, it won't have much information about Arthur George 1907, so I would put that at the bottom of the "must have" pile as far as searching for AG1907 goes. Not sure who can apply, next of kin I expect.

Not sure what you mean about the date of birth on the marriage cert? Marriage certs don't have dates of birth on them. Did you mean the death cert which is a year out but same day and month? Seems vanishingly unlikely there would be two AG Clarkes born on the same day one year apart.

OC

Comment

I can't help but wonder if the date of birth is wrong on the 1939 record. going by the marriage certificate I have Arthur is listed aged 28, if him and rose married in the 1934 working backwards makes him born in 1906 unless my maths is off.

its madness that he is so hard to find.
                Last edited by mateer1987; 08-05-19, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Well, the Barnados file might be quite interesting to have, but it will basically only cover the reason for the children's admission, it won't have much information about Arthur George 1907, so I would put that at the bottom of the "must have" pile as far as searching for AG1907 goes. Not sure who can apply, next of kin I expect.

Not sure what you mean about the date of birth on the marriage cert? Marriage certs don't have dates of birth on them. Did you mean the death cert which is a year out but same day and month? Seems vanishingly unlikely there would be two AG Clarkes born on the same day one year apart.

OC
                  re marriage - 28 in June 1934 Must mean born between 23 June 1905 and 21 June 1906 - see quote below

Originally posted by mateer1987 View Post
                  fathers name is arthur george clark (28 years old)- married on 22 june 1934 to rose emily charlotte saunders (19 years old)

on certificate Arthur george clark occupation is shown as greengrocer
                  link to Barnardos https://www.barnardos.org.uk/former-barnardos-children
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
                    I suspect that the Arthur George Clark b Peterborough Apr-Jun 1907, mmn Spink, may be the one who married Gladys Irene Lister in 1933.

The 1939 shows them still in Peterborough, with Arthur's DoB as 1 Apr 1907. He died in Bournemouth in 1976.
                    I forgot I had posted that ages back, I meant to go and check to see if it was correct.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Mateer

Any info on Arthur George's military career?
                      Nothing on CWG.
                      Can see that the Cambridge Roll of Honour has an Arthur G listed but info needed.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by mateer1987 View Post
                        I can't help but wonder if the date of birth is wrong on the 1939 record. going by the marriage certificate I have Arthur is listed aged 28, if him and rose married in the 1934 working backwards makes him born in 1906 unless my maths is off.

its madness that he is so hard to find.
                        For elimination
                        There is an Arthur George Clarke b Sep q 1906 Christchurch. Unfortunately. Looks very like him in 1939.

He is a twin b to Edith May Clark who married a Clark ie John Clark 1901 Christchurch. John d Christchurch 1908.

1911 Edith May, 32, Widow living with
                        Arthur George and Lillian May aged 4 in Christchurch

1939 Edith May Widow b 9/11/1879 working as a Cook

Arthur George Clark b 24/97/06 Manager Newsagent
                        Alice Mary Clark (nee Jones) b 09/08/06
                        John Arthur Clark 29/10/31
                        109 Bargates, Christchurch

Vera
                        Last edited by vera2013; 08-05-19, 22:19.

Comment

I have been looking at the list from GRO along with a couple of clark (e) and they all seem to be accounted for. Quite a few of them lived to a ripe old age too.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                          X