No announcement yet.

Missing Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see where she has admitted to the 4 years difference Chrissie??? We only have her death transcription to go on.
    I would like to know where the Irish birth info comes from. Maybe Eric has military records with Evelyn named as NOK.
    Please come back Rosie and help us out!
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-05-19, 13:03.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I found some military records on FMP for an E V Meacher, 5497179, 1st Batt, Hants Rgt. He was wounded in Malta 1842. Previous records also for India 1939 and Palestine.
      The Rgt continued in France until the end of the War apparently.
      Still not seeing a marriage.

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 04-05-19, 14:46.

Comment

If she really was Irish maybe the marriage was in Ireland?
        Anne

Comment

I did check Irish records for Eric Meacher but none found.
          Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            Cannot see where she has admitted to the 4 years difference Chrissie??? We only have her death transcription to go on.
            I would like to know where the Irish birth info comes from. Maybe Eric has military records with Evelyn named as NOK.
            Please come back Rosie and help us out!
            I was going by the birth years that Rosie gave for Eric and Evelyn/Evaline in her first post Kat.

Yes Rosie, please come back, we need more guidance
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean Chrissie. Bit slow catching on. Women don't lie about their ages do they?
              Have checked Army and overseas marriages and cannot see anything there for Eric Meacher. :(
              Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                Oh, I see what you mean Chrissie. Bit slow catching on. Women don't lie about their ages do they?
                Have checked Army and overseas marriages and cannot see anything there for Eric Meacher. :(
                Of course not Kat;) Silly me.

Until we know for sure which are their children I think we are stuck. As the children are likely to be alive, and our T&C's don't allow the names of living people, you can Private Message me their names if you wish Rosie?
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  I can identify nearly all the marriages and none are anything like Eric V to Evelyn. Garrett is the only maiden name which does not match to a marriage. Bossley doesn't match a marriage either, but there is only one birth with that mmn.

OC
                  Margaret C Bossley married Edward Meacher Dec 1936 just to clear that one up.
                  I see the poster hasn't been on site since she first posted. Hopefully she will be back after the Bank holiday weekend.
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-05-19, 10:22.
                  Kat

Comment

Thanks Kat, don't know how I missed that one.

OC

Comment

Working...
                    X