Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Parker Rust family in 1861 census.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Parker Rust family in 1861 census.

Please can anyone find this Rust family in 1861.

Thomas Parker Rust b.1825 Wells in Norfolk, a surgeon is found on the 1858 electoral registers at 53 Lupus St, St Georges Hanover Square.

His wife is Mary Muir Rust nee Randolph was born New Romney in Kent 1830.

In 1861, Their eldest son Randolph Rust b.1854 St George Hanover Square, is staying with his paternal grandmother in Wells Norfolk but I cannot find Thomas, Mary or their other children in 1861.

Further children

Robert Parker Rust b.1856, St George Hanover Square, dies 1864
    Martha Wilhemina Rust, b. 1857 St George Hanover Square, remains single works as Governess/Teacher and emigrates to Australia
    Allan Alfred Ernest Rust. b. 1860, St George Hanover Square, shipwrecked off India, whilst working on board ship, emigrates to Australia.

The whole family have been somewhat elusive throughout the census records and why I missed a couple of births until checking against the GRO index, but I have been able to account for their whereabouts on all other census except for the 1861 census.

There is a lot of information out there for the various family members but checking against any possible other tree matches, no-one appears to have found them either.

I have tried Ancestry/FMP and familysearch, but wonder if a supersleuth may have some possible ideas of possible wildcards, I have tried Rush, or may know that there are parts of the census for this area are missing.

Many thanks.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Have you tried looking for a neighbour from the 1858 Electoral Roll to see if they are still at the address on the 1861 Census, and then going up and down the street????
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

is this the family in 1871? just making sure i am looking for right one

this is the medical address entry in 1860, same as the 1858?
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 24-04-19, 23:59.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Sounds like they should be in st george hanover square in 1861, which is unfortunately missing in the 1841 and 1861 censuses. I have the same problem, my family is only found in the 1851 census of that area.

Comment

there are more electoral roles at that time, so he was definitely there, you just don't know the other members of the household
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks Val, yes google books is one of my go to searches these days.

Yes Caroline that is the family in 1871, you will see that Martha isn't there in 1871, she was the one staying with the paternal grandmother this time. Re your second post, thank you, many of this wider family were non conformists, I haven't found baptisms for the children possibly due to this. They may appear at a later date as more records are transcribed but I have just had a thought re checking Norfolk records as there is a strong link to the county.

Sylvia, thank you I will try that, when I tried the address it would only give me the area, so this is a good idea to try and reduce the number of pages to trawl through.

Thank you KJ, I had a niggling idea that this may have been the case.

Once again thank you everyone
            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Ancestry tells you the pieces that are missing - but give you no clue what they are! Just a broken link to national archives:

found this on a search led me to another forum:

1861 Census

There are a number of enumeration books missing, or parts of enumeration books (usually missing start or finish), from the 1861 census. Below is a list of the books affected that we know of, both those missing in their entirety (M) and those which are incomplete (I) in the National Archives.

145 Middlesex Islington Islington East (2) Islington M
              217 Middlesex West London West London North (1) St Bartholomew the Less I
              219 Middlesex West London West London South (2) Barnard"s Inn M
              220 Middlesex London City London City SW (1) St Augustine Watling Street I
              229 Middlesex London City London City NE (5) St Christopher le Stock I
              Middlesex St George Hanover Square Belgrave (3) Pimlico M
              407 Kent Greenwich Woolwich Arsenal (6) Woolwich M
              473 Kent North Aylesford Northfleet (1) Ifield I
              485 Kent Malling East Peckham (2) Wateringbury: Lily Hoe I
              499 Kent Maidstone Loose (3) Barming I
              499 Kent Maidstone Loose (3) West Barming I
              541 Kent Eastry Wingham (2) Goodnestone I
              565 Sussex Battle Battle (3) Penhurst I
              601 Sussex Brighton The Palace (3) Brighton M
              690 Hampshire Winchester The Worthys (2) Lainston I
              758 Berkshire Windsor Egham (1) Thorpe (Surrey) I
              837 Hertfordshire Hemel Hempstead Kings Langley (1) Flaunden I
              863 Buckinghamshire Wycombe Princes Risborough (5) Illmire I
              903 Oxfordshire Woodstock Woodstock (2) Wootton
              Stonesfield
              Combe
              Woodstock
              Blenheim
              Bladon
              Hensington
              Begbroke
              Shipton on Cherwell
              Hampton-Gay
              Hampton-Poyle
              Kidlington
              Gosford
              Thrup
              Water-Eaton
              Woolvercot
              Yarnton
              Cassington
              Worton M
              952 Northants Wellingborough Higham Ferrers (2) Irchester I
              952 Northaants Wellingborough Higham Ferrers (2) Irthlingborough I
              1039 Cambridgeshire Ely Ely (3) Ely Trinity
              Ely College
              Ely St Mary
              Stuntney
              Chettisham M
              1047 Cambridgeshire Wisbech Leverington (1) Tydd St Giles I
              1047 Cambridgeshire Wisbech Leverington (1) Leverington: Parson Drove I
              1194 Norfolk Yarmouth Yarmouth Northern (2) Great Yarmouth: Cobham Island I
              1234 Norfolk Depwade Forncett (4) Great Moulton
              Aslacton
              Forncett St Peter
              Forncett St Mary
              Hapton
              Ashwellthorpe
              Fundenhall
              Tacolnestone
              Bunwell
              Carleton-Rode
              Tibenham M
              1984 Staffordshire Wolverhampton Tettenhall (1) Pattingham: Rudge (Shropshire) I
              2211 Warwickshire Rugby Rugby (1) Newbold-upon-Avon: Little Lawford
              Long Lawford I
              2211 Warwickshire Rugby Rugby (1) Monks Kirby: Easenhall I
              2247 Leicestershire Lutterworth Lutterworth (1) Claybrooke: Wigston Parva I
              2365 Lincolnshire Horncastle Wragby (1) Hatton I
              2365 Lincolnshire Horncastle Wragby (1) Baumber a.k.a. Bamburgh I
              2365 Lincolnshire Horncastle Wragby (1) Gautby I
              2365 Lincolnshire Horncastle Wragby (1) Waddingworth I
              2625 Cheshire Great Boughton Chester Castle (2) Chester St John the Baptist I
              3278 West Yorkshire Halifax Halifax (4) Halifax I
              3388 West Yorkshire Leeds West Leeds (3) Leeds NW Ward M
              3652 North Yorkshire Guisborough Marske (2) Marske: Redcar I
              3735 Durham Durham Lanchester (2) Brancepeth: Hedley Hope I
              3855 Northumberland Castle Ward Stamfordham (2) Newburn: Black Callerton
              Butterlaw
              East & West Whorlton
              Newbiggin
              East & West Denton
              Newburn Hall
              Sugley I
              3913 Cumberland Carlisle Wetheral (1) I

You can search NA, but think from this list it didn't even have a number to search
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you again Carolyn. That is really useful.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                X