fmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmp

seriously thinking of taking up a subscription for fmp as I have never had one with them before and they seem to have a lot to offer on kent ancestors. Are there any discount codes around or offers please?

I'm a bit confused too Gloryer. I was a subscriber on the PLUS until a few days ago and have had an e-mail saying that I can still get my 15% loyalty discount (I don't know what the usual full price is though). However, when I Googled for prices this link came up offering 17% off, making it £120. I always understood that the loyalty discount would be the same or better than any other offers!

Subscribe to Findmypast to explore millions of historical records. Find out more about our different membership options and subscribe to Findmypast today.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 10-04-19, 10:58.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

i was just looking as I would want to go for the pro plus to include the newspapers. The yearly one is listed as £156 with a discount for 12 months

Comment

Why don't you have a free trial for 14 days? Only available if you've never had one before. Just remember to cancel before the 14 days are up.

Get everything you need to start discovering your family history for free for 7 days - start your FREE TRIAL today with Findmypast.

Their NZ ones are quite good too
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 10-04-19, 11:43.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

they just charged me £132.56, which was a discount of 15%, not much of a discount is it.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-04-19, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            Why don't you have a free trial for 14 days? Only available if you've never had one before. Just remember to cancel before the 14 days are up.

Get everything you need to start discovering your family history for free for 7 days - start your FREE TRIAL today with Findmypast.

Their NZ ones are quite good too
            yes I did see that offer at Thanks

Comment

OH buys my subscription to FMP as a Christmas present.

It is actually to fmp.com.au because they offered a free trial many years ago and I was looking for Australian records. I cancelled within the 2 weeks, but they kept updating me with new records so it was easier to go with them about 4 years ago when he offered the gift. I have the World subscription which includes the 1939 Register and the newspapers, but I think there might have been a change and I'm just grandfathered in for the newspapers???

Last December, they charged $203.58 AUD for the World Subscription ........ which translates to £111.37 at today's conversion rate (if transferwise.com is to be believed). It might have been higher £ back in December though!

I have to say the price has increased over the 4 years for exactly the same World subscription ...............

$99.75 AUD in 2015
              $179.55 AUD in 2016
              $203.58 AUD in 2017 and 2018
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Tom buys one of my subs for xmas,;) I buy the other, as I like the other presents he buys me too, with the money he saves on one sub.

Comment

We've settled on OH only buying me the subs for FMP, Ancestry and GR (ca £9), dinner out and flowers for our anniversary, and no other presents ............. after 51+ years we both have everything we might want or need.

Same goes for me buying him presents ............. though he usually loses out 'cos he almost never has subs that I can afford!
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I do think FMP should give out more of a discount to loyal members.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      I do think FMP should give out more of a discount to loyal members.
                      At least they give us an automatic discount - one which we don't have to ask or haggle for!!
                      Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

i would like newspapers and not 1939 reg, shame they don't do that package. there was an offer recently maybe too soon after?

my son applied for a programming job there recently, and was all excited as get free membership as an employee! he didn't hear back from them though
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

you do get newspapers as well as 1939 on World Carolyn?

Comment

you do get newspapers as well as 1939 on World Carolyn?
                            I think you were actually asking Carolyn, but I have Pro Subscription which is World, Newspapers and 1939. It cost me£132.60, like you, after the discount just last month.

This is the page for the others.

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/subscribe

It seems that newspapers are only included in Pro now - but considering the cost of the sub from the BNA I reckon it's very good value.
                            Caroline
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

well I have finally taken out a full subscription but the 14 day free trial offer seemed to have disappeared. Not very impressed so far as I keep getting oops we are having trouble getting those records.........and even if they do seems to find them they seem to take forever to load.
                              I did manage to find a couple of snippets in the papers

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                                well I have finally taken out a full subscription but the 14 day free trial offer seemed to have disappeared. Not very impressed so far as I keep getting oops we are having trouble getting those records.........and even if they do seems to find them they seem to take forever to load.
                                I did manage to find a couple of snippets in the papers
                                Seems you've been a bit unlucky if you've just started searching today! They posted on Facebook about 40 mins ago as below:
                                Good Afternoon,
                                We are continuing to see intermittent service interruptions to the search option on Findmypast. We are aware of and understand your frustrations, and our team are working to try to get this resolved as soon as possible.
                                We will update on here as soon as we have anything.
                                Thank you for your understanding.

Christine
                                Researching:
                                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

that link wont work for me it says I already have the highest sub

Comment

They have also posted that apology for search interruptions and problems on GR ......... they share the same search engine with FMP, of course!

Comment

that link wont work for me it says I already have the highest sub
                                      It is the highest - it includes everything and you can't downgrade during the year. But it should say what is available on each subscription for anyone else who looks and is logged in.

Logged out, you see everything.

Subscribe to Findmypast to explore millions of historical records. Find out more about our different membership options and subscribe to Findmypast today.

Caroline

Comment

They are having probelms on FMP at the moment, gloryer. I don't suppose it will last too long. When you get the hang of it FMP searches are MUCH, MUCH better than Ancestry for the same things. Then, of course they have the things that Ancestry doesn't have, stick with it, I'm sure it will get better soon.
                                        Anne

Comment

Working...
                                        X