Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone sort out who Anne is?

Hi all!

Ancestry gave me a hint for a marriage of Thomas Gould (could be a red herring but can't see an alternative either) to Anne Munsclow in 1807, Norton, Worcestershire. However, I can't find her anywhere and Ancestry are giving no hints on her either.

Thomas Gould b. 1783, Hampton (there is a Little and a Great), Worcestershire.
    On the 1841 it seems he's living with a lady called Mary Gould and according to this census she's born 1778 in the county.

I can't decide if Anne is Mary or Mary is a marriage after Anne or if the Ancestry hint is just wrong or if her name has been wrongly transcribed - can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi

Not getting too far at the moment.

He is on FMP on 1851 as Gold and a widow and 1861 as a widow both Great Littlehampton and an ag lab

Looked to see if Mary when Mary had died. If seems Great Littlehampton in in Evesham district and the only Mary between 1841 and 1851 of the age in Mary Gould died Jun 1844 Evesham aged 69 making her born 1775.

Will keep looking backwards now
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

could this be her
      Ann Munslow
      residence Place Ribbesford, Worcestershire, England
      Gender Female
      Christening Date 1776
      Christening Date (Original) JAN 1776
      Christening Place RIBBSFORD, WORC., ENG.
      Father's Name William Munslow
      Mother's Name Sarah

Comment

or

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
        Ann Munslow
        christening: 9 April 1749 Norton Juxta, Worcester, England
        residence: England
        father: Thomas Munslow
        mother: Priscilla
        Ann Monslow
        England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening: 29 April 1749 Norton By Kemsey, Worcester, England
        residence: England
        father: Thos. Monslow
        mother: Priscilla

Comment

That looks good if the marriage is right, Val.

Just look up and Thomas had a sister Mary bap 25 Dec 1779 Great and Little Hampton. Do you think it could be his sister on the 1841 census?

If that is his marriage to Ann, could it be she was a widow as she would be about 30. Just a suggestion!!
          Lin

Comment

I think the 1776 one is more like the right one, I did wonder if she had been married before.

Comment

There is so much speculation when you go this far back and I don't know the area at all.

The death for Mary that I found in 1844. Her burial was at St Nichola Church, North and Middle Littleton so not sure on that now!!
              Lin

Comment

Thanks Ladies - the 1776 baptism looks good!
                North and Middle Littleton is not far from Hampton which is where it seems Thomas spent most of his life so it could be her - I guess ordering a death cert. would give me husbands name!
                I'll try looking for a marriage of an Anne to a Mr Muncslow also in case she was married before I guess.

Comment

I notice that there is a Mary Smith in the same residence in 1841 - I guess widowed, possibly too old to be first born daughter (as name is Mary), but is she a relation to Mary senior?

Always disappointed to see a name like Smith!
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-04-19, 16:02.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Can't see a Anne or Mary Smith marriage to a Mun(c)slow before 1807 so not sure if she is related or not!

Comment

Working...
                    X