Tags in Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tags in Ancestry

I see that they have now introduced tags, as yet not used them. I have always wanted to mark direct line, so will do that, I guess it is something I will gradually use when I go back over people.

Anyone else using them?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

I've not even seen those. I do mark my direct ancestors, though. I give them all a 'Direct Ancestor' as a profile photo. I used the Ancestry male and female logo, put the words onto it and saved it as a jpeg for marking each of them.
    Anne

Comment

I was thinking of doing something like that, had seen a few people have done that. I just tagged a few, but as yet can't see an advantage as you can't see it on the tree view. there are standard tags, like complete, hypotheses, verified. but this applies to the person and not to a fact, so not sure that helps either. I often guess a birth date just to get a good search and would like to tag the fact.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        I see that they have now introduced tags, as yet not used them. I have always wanted to mark direct line, so will do that, I guess it is something I will gradually use when I go back over people.

Anyone else using them?
        I've made a custom one for pointing out an incorrect ThruLine connection - then I reported the error through the DNA feedback box and it got fixed, so I need to go back and take that tag away now.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I can see I can filter when I search, but thought it would be more whizzy somehow! maybe there will be more to follow. If I tagged loads of people it would be a long filtered list in the pop up window on the right, which I am not sure it would help. Will continue to experiment.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            I can see I can filter when I search, but thought it would be more whizzy somehow! maybe there will be more to follow. If I tagged loads of people it would be a long filtered list in the pop up window on the right, which I am not sure it would help. Will continue to experiment.
            As usual, their lists aren't scrollable, so, when the list gets too long..... :(
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I have marked all my direct ancestors using capital letters for their first name only. It makes the person stand out straight away amongst his 15 siblings! similar to your idea Caroline but easier to pick out in lists but of course not filterable. I haven't looked at tagging yet but intend to try them out when I have time.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                I have marked all my direct ancestors using capital letters for their first name only. It makes the person stand out straight away amongst his 15 siblings! similar to your idea Caroline but easier to pick out in lists but of course not filterable. I haven't looked at tagging yet but intend to try them out when I have time.
                Sorry meant Anne not Caroline.:emb:
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                  As usual, their lists aren't scrollable, so, when the list gets too long..... :(
                  I feared that it might be a bit cumbersome, I am not quite sure their thinking. I just feel that tagging people rather than facts is not always a help. I have some people that I know their facts are all good and then a couple not sure about, so if I marked whole person as unverified, I wouldn't want to mark whole person as unverified.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                  X