Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration map

Hi

I would like to create some sort of map that shows the movements over time of several families (Southern UK only). Is there some way I can do that, that will do it for more than one family?

thanks

Robyne
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

I don't use one, but sounds like a fantastic idea, so will be interested to see if anyone else has ideas. I have been searching around and can see this offers soemthing:

Build your Free Family Tree website easily and effortlessly

might give it a try at the weekend.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

This is the map that tribal pages generates. I've cut off part of the key on the LHS for privacy.

ancestor map.JPG
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

This one is generated using Publisher, Paint or similar. Copy and Paste a portion of a map into the program and use boxes to type in and arrows to point to the place. Don't forget to add the copyright statement.

Kat

Comment

Kat, I can't get your link in post #4 to work.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

looks interesting, I will put this on my list to play with later.

do you use it or have you just tried for this thread?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Yes, I made that one up. I couldn't find the usb stick mine were on last night. This is one I did in 2006 but needs changing since more info has since emerged and a couple of dates are wrong. I did 8 of them and am now spurred on to re do them all

Killick and Lock.jpg
              Kat

Comment

must be even better now that you have tidied up all your addresses still on my list!
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                  Kat, I can't get your link in post #4 to work.
                  Sorry Elizabeth, it was late and didn't check the link. It was about copyright. para 1

edit . no it wasn't but the above is useful! it was this map I made last night:

N E Norfolk (2).jpg
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 23-03-19, 09:37.
                  Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X