HP Envy 4520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Envy 4520

dont know why but its started to print on both sides? googled and found the answer, but cannot find what it says to do

is it just your settings on the print menu, ctrl and P not on PC atm. it maybe quicker to switch off pc and printer and it will go back to default. Or have you tried that?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

hello again Carolyn;) I did all that twice but its still printing both sides

Comment

is this what you have found?

Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks Carolyn no, but when I got to the right page Duplex is off ? and its on one sided, so dont know why its printing on both sides.

Comment

If you do ctrl and P, then settings - does it take you to the same page?

I don;t have HP - so not sure if they are different somehow, shouldn't be. what sort of document are you printing? Wonder if that application has its own settings that is over-riding default. Is it a document that has been sent to you?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

its been doing it since my son visited about 2 weeks ago, hummmmmmmmm bet he touched it.

Comment

on the actual printer screen you get options to print/scan/copy on the print you have options to print double sided, you can use the arrow buttons to turn it back to print one side only I believe. I know you can scan both sides and print both sides as I use that on our HP envy 4500.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks Julie ,none of the boxes to print on both sides are checked yet it still does.

Comment

oh no is it still doing it? :( when is your son due back for a visit?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

he aint I might uninstall it and start again.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        thanks Julie ,none of the boxes to print on both sides are checked yet it still does.
                        do you mean on your computer? on on the LCD screen actually on the printer? I meant on the LCD screen on the printer it should be a Y/N answer not boxes?
                        Julie

Comment

Alternately try here:

this has an online 'help' assistant which I have used before and they are really good.
                          Julie

Comment

Julie I dont get those options on the printer screen ?

Comment

Julie I dont get those options on the printer screen ?
                              is there a 'tools' bit on LCD screen? there should be a 'restore default' option try that, but I still think that using their troubleshooter would be the best option, it doesn't cost anything and as it is their product they would be best to advise. :smilee:
                              Julie

Comment

yes there is that Julie ,but it says if I revert to default , I would have to re register it.

Comment

yes there is that Julie ,but it says if I revert to default , I would have to re register it.
                                  and that is a problem how? [I'm not trying to be flippant, just wondering why that is a problem, no different to when you have formatted a drive and have to reinstall FTM for example]
                                  Julie

Comment

I am registered with them to get cheap ink etc , but you are right I will just do it, hope it works. thanks.

Comment

Hope it worked ok Val.. x
                                      Julie

Comment

well Julie it did thanks, but then a couple of days ago ,I tried to print off a page and it changed itself to Duplex ??? so printed on both sides, dont know why?

Comment

Working...
                                        X