Deleting whole families from FTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting whole families from FTM

I usually update on Ancestry, but just found I have mixed two families up, and it takes forever to delete one member at a time.
    Can you delete whole families with their media attached on FTM

I was doing this the other day, and there is a delete family option, so it deletes the parents and the children, but I don't think it deletes any further. So as I wanted to delete a few generations it still meant some messing about, and I ended up with some orphaned families as I started at the top.

Now there may be a better way, hopefully there is.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

thats what I'm worried about loads of loose ends, am so annoyed with myself.

Comment

there is an easy way to find 'orphans' but can't remember how, if you can't find it I will check what I did.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks I've just been deleting families, but there are so many.

Comment

In FTM 2017, you can locate 'orphans' - i.e. people in your tree that do not have a link to any other person in your tree.

Go to the Publish tab, select Person Reports, and the the Data Errors Report. You then have to click the "Create Report" button. Once FTM2017 has created the initial report, select "All Individuals" next to "Individuals to include".

The not so obvious bit is to now go up to the "Errors to include" icon - it looks like a page with an arrow pointing to the right - it's the first icon on the left just above where it says "Report Title". Then click the "Exclude All" button in the window that pops up, and then in the Person Errors list, click the "Person is unattached" box (it should put a tick mark in the box) and then click the OK button.

FTM2017 may then refresh the report to show orphan people. If it doesn't, then try clicking the "Generate Report" button.

That should do it.

Mark.

Comment

This is not how I did it before, was a normal report, and they were at top or something...so have done this and saved ready for when I need it many thanks.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks Mark will try that

Comment

Working...
                X