Help with a death please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a death please :)

Hi all, I am trying to find a death for Jane Nicholls baptised 1771 in Benson, Oxfordshire. She married James Bonner (unable to pinpoint his death at the mpment as there are 3 James Bonner who die in Benson over the space of about 15 years)! I have her on the 1851 census (age 81) but not on the 1861.
    I can see the following death on Ancestry https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/ca...5280&name_x=_p

in Thame but I'm not sure why she would be there but as I can't find another death I am only guessing this is her?
    What do you think?
    Thanks for reading

NOT the one in Thame ...............

from GRO Index ........

BONNER, JANE ELIZABETH 30
    GRO Reference: 1861 M Quarter in THAME Volume 03A Page 363

GRO Index has the following Jane Bonner dying between 1851 and 1861 of approximatly correct ages .........

BONNER, JANE 81
    GRO Reference: 1852 S Quarter in BARROW UPON SOAR Volume 07A Page 92

BONNER, JANE 85
    GRO Reference: 1853 M Quarter in DARLINGTON UNION Volume 10A Page 3

BONNER, JANE 84
    GRO Reference: 1854 M Quarter in ABERYSTWYTH Volume 11B Page 58

The age on this one is way out!

BONNER, JANE 90
    GRO Reference: 1851 S Quarter in RICHMOND UNION YORKSHIRE Volume 24 Page 345
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

HOWEVER ............

is this your Jane Bonner in 1861??? I have only seen the one Jane, born in Benson, Oxfordshire

Her age is shown as 95, and that is accurate on the image ....... but we all know it may have been a guess!!!

and could this be that Jane's death????

from GRO Index

BONNER, JANE 97
      GRO Reference: 1865 J Quarter in WALLINGFORD Volume 02C Page 209
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

The GRO Index is a good way to check deaths as it shows the age ................

the only problem is for children under the age of 10 or 12.

Their current system cannot distinguish between hours, days, weeks or months from years, so a child shown as dying age 6 could be 6 hours, 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years.

Comment

Thanks Sylvia!

Comment

Working...
          X