Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to find place of burial ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to find place of burial ...

... when you only have the civil register of death? I've already tried findagrave and gravestone photos.. I also search Ancestry for the village I believe them to be living in before they have died but it seems a lot of Oxfordshire's church records haven't been transcribed yet (unfortunately)!

Thanks

There are a few on FMP. A lot are Quaker ones. If you put the info you have on here I will have a look for you.

I haven't looked but there is also freereg but don't know if Oxfordshire is transcribed on there. Also deceased on line. Pay to view but you can see their name and date of burial before you pay anything.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Lin - I'll save freereg (not heard of that one) and deceased online! I'm after the burials of Sarah Sel(l)wood - lived in Benson registered death in Wallingford 1906.

Comment

the church at Benson has a list of all the tombstones found in 1990- a couple of Selwoods but not Sarah, assume you have seen that?

obviously the stone could be lost. I was told recently that kerbstone grave stones were popular in victorian times, and these have slipped under ground in our local graveyard.

Might be worth checking the churches in the area.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Just looked on FMP and nothing. You do realise that a lot of people didn't have headstones in that era. It would be very expensive for most ordinary families.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Carolyn - no I didn't know but thanks as I have others buried there
            Lin - I realise a lot of them were poor but more of a wanting to know where they are buried not just where they were registered

Thanks

Comment

Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X