Does anyone know of a ancestry web site that has records up to 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of a ancestry web site that has records up to 2017

I am using MyHeritage site to build my family tree, but they do not seem to have any records after 2007, i am looking for a record of a death of Harold g Davis who died in 2014, but cannot find it, I am new to this, and also wonder is there any better site than myheritage???

I'm not aware of any more recent deaths available online, but sometimes the probate search can help. It's reasonably up to date. Depends what you want to know really.

I flip between Ancestry and Find my Past depending on where my current research leads. All sites have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Vicky

Comment

Did he die in Cardiff? There is this one that has a will on here -
      DAVIS HAROLD GEORGE 20 November 2014 4462596 21 April 2014 Grant and will Cardiff
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

www.deceasedonline.com have records for those dates - but not entire index nothing for Harold G Davis

Ancestryco.uk have a Harold G Davis in the index below Bromley?
        they declare this about the collection:
        "
        About England and Wales, Death Index, 2007-2017

This collection is a compiled index that covers approximately 55% of the total deaths that occurred in this time period.
        This index provides death details for people in England and Wales, specifically their name, gender, date of birth or age at death, date of death, and residence place at death. However, they do not include the General Register Office (GRO) reference information."

Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

For the most recent GRO registration indexes you'll need to go to one of the very few places that hold the complete set up to 2017 and provisionally to 2018. This is from GOV.UK which says where to look up pre 2006 ones on line and then .....

You can also search for free at:
          the Library of Birmingham
          Bridgend Local and Family History Centre
          the City of Westminster Archives Centre
          Manchester Central Library
          Newcastle City Library
          Plymouth Central Library
          The British Library (you’ll need to register first)
          These are the only complete copies of the full sets of index reference numbers. They’re on microfiche.

Anne

Comment

He died in East Yorkshire, not sure but i think Hull or Cottingham,

Comment

Ooops, added to the wrong thread!
              Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 11-03-19, 20:50.

Comment

Hi, do you live in Hessle? If so I suggest you contact the Local Studies department of the Hull central library or the Hull history centre and see if either have relevantly dated copies of the local daily paper. (e.g. Hull Daily Mail) Often these are on film. You could check the daily BMD column and also look to see if there was a funeral report, or an obituary.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                X