No announcement yet.

1911 20 Children born 11 died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you found any records for Sarah? apart from school?

on the admissions for Oct 1878 and in 1879 it says mother in the house
    12 Oct 1881 they were discharged to their mother (no mention of father)
    although arrived back on other occasions no details given about the parents
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

how come Carolyn you found that? dont now what I'm doing wrong, can you give me the link please.

Comment

if you search on Ancestry for each child and then filter down to just show the "directories and members lists" and then you should see all the schools. there are admissions and discharges, quite a few for each child. I can send links if you can't find, here are a couple:

The data set is:
        London, England, Poor Law School District Registers, 1852-1918
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

interesting the landlady does not mention the baby born in 1868 , when they were living with her, am about to order the death cert.

Comment

...and unfortunately the schools are not very well transcribed so when you save them to your tree, it doesn't auto add dates/time/places etc which is really annoying.

you have to add a type manually to your tree, otherwise it just adds the media.
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 19-03-19, 22:17.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Yes thanks will do that ,I just found that first record you give in my shoebox, so obviously wasn't sure it was her.
              Last edited by Guest; 19-03-19, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                interesting the landlady does not mention the baby born in 1868 , when they were living with her, am about to order the death cert.
                At the Old Bailey trial George D refers to the child 'Bell' in conversation with wife Elizabeth and how the current landlady ie Elizabeth Richards may not react the same way towards her as those in the house at the time of 'Bell's' death.
                Wonder if there was a child born and died before Mary Louisa's birth?

Vera

Comment

seems odd there is no mention of William ,as he was born in the time they boarded there. anyway my curiosity got the better of me, hope the cert arrives quick.

Comment

what do you think to this
                    Clara Knight born 1862 Kingston Mothers maiden name Mason
                    Died 1863 Kingston

Comment

seems odd there is no mention of William ,as he was born in the time they boarded there. anyway my curiosity got the better of me, hope the cert arrives quick.
                      Just re-read FMP press report 15/08/1871. Police Court appearance. Elizabeth Riches ? Richards, Landlady said the prisoner and husband had lodged with her for about 18 months! and she recalled the birth of Thomas.

Think Bell is Bill ie Wm J. Fingers crossed

Hope your feet aren't too cold.

Vera

Comment

what do you think to this
                        Clara Knight born 1862 Kingston Mothers maiden name Mason
                        Died 1863 Kingston
                        They don't appear to have any connection to Kingston, seem to have stuck to Bermondsey and Southwark. But guess anything is possible, not sure of the geographical history of Kingston, but I would have thought it was very 'London' in that time I think of it as posh, but maybe that is now and not then!
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

There is a death for a Clara Knight, Kingston 1863 aged 0. But I agree not really their usual area.

Vera

Comment

thinking on it you are probably right

Comment

I had not seen that report ,the one I have is from the 31st August 1871, and no mention of him then, poor little thing, I think she preferred Girls.

Comment

the link was the one vera posted
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Received pdf of Death of William John Knight, not sure what the death cause means ? and can anybody read the address he died at , and informants name thanks
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Guest; 25-03-19, 12:32.

Comment

ignore that it came out wrongWilliam John Knight D (2).jpg
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Guest; 25-03-19, 12:40.

Comment

Dentition which I gather can result in infection/convulsions

Elizabeth Mary Underhill, 113 Spa Road, Bermondsey

I would have expected some mention of Coroner if this was "Bell"

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                        According to Mrs Elizabeth Richards, a witness at their trial and their Landlady, the couple had lived at 40 Bermondsey Square from 1865 until August 1871. Given their chaotic lifestyle maybe chose not to cooperate with census info. Or maybe in the workhouse.

Vera
                                        - this is interesting now that there is a different address on the death certificate of William, no idea what it means. The landlady lied? or he was living with someone else when he died.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                          Just re-read FMP press report 15/08/1871. Police Court appearance. Elizabeth Riches ? Richards, Landlady said the prisoner and husband had lodged with her for about 18 months! and she recalled the birth of Thomas.

Think Bell is Bill ie Wm J. Fingers crossed

Hope your feet aren't too cold.

Vera
                                          There was another report Carolyn from same landlady stating in August 1871 that couple had lodged with her for 18 months.

Dont know were the Old Bailey writer got 1865 from. Would have been a long time residence for back in the day

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                          X