Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 20 Children born 11 died

Quote Originally Posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    blast been double checking and seems I have the wrong birth reg for most, same names same years but wrong maiden name for mother ,in fact looks like they never registered them ? I know its the right children though.
    Oh don't say that Val - I have been searching every time I got a minute to spare today and I've been looking for Turner. Please tell me that's the right one? I have found loads. For instance, have you got the possible births and deaths of the twins Ernest and George, born June quarter 1887 1d 883 and the deaths September quarter 1887, all Camberwell?

If Turner is right I need to make a list in order to check possibilities, but there is also a Jim born June 1883 - died June 1885 aged 2 in Camberwell. There is also a possible Arthur born June 1884 died Dec 1885 aged 1 in Camberwell.

I have mentioned those four because they are all between census.

p.s. I have also got many of the children who lived and of those who died that are on the varios census.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-03-19 at 19:40.

oh sorry Chrissie , should have said mothers maiden name should be Mason ,I am getting totally confused , I was in contact some time ago with the same family, and we are all positive about the children we do have , but, unless the GRO have made a mistake, or if the parents lied about the mothers maiden name, or even they never registered them ?? there is something very fishy going on.
    For instance Lucy Georgina Knight ,we know she had one that died, then named another the same name, have her marriage cert but
    These are the only two I can find

KNIGHT, LUCY GEORGINA BENNETTS
    GRO Reference: 1867 M Quarter in SAINT MARY MAGDALEN BERMONDSEY SURREY Volume 01D Page 82
    KNIGHT, LUCY GEORGINA TURNER
    GRO Reference: 1868 D Quarter in SAINT MARY MAGDALEN BERMONDSEY SURREY Volume 01D Page 106

they are here in 1871 with Lucy

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...54/edit/record

dont worry I'm sorry you wasted time I feel bad now, I should have made it clear.

Val

I was working backwards from the 1911 that you posted Val. I found those three births all under mmn Turner. Then I found a marriage in 1868 of a George Richard Knight to a possible Elizabeth Turner, and a death for a George Richard Knight in 1895. It all seemed to fit. I also found them in the various census and put two and two together.
    Sorry, I seem to have got it all wrong.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-03-19 at 21:26.

Please dont you be sorry, there must be two families along the same lines, I am going to start with them all over again.

Val

I have a sneaking suspicion that it MAY be the same family Val and somewhere along the line both of them have told porkies and changed their names slightly. Of course I could be completely wrong lol. It appears I was following the same family as you but there were likely birth regs for all of them (and several more who died) under mmn Turner.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 12-03-19 at 12:01.

I think that too, they had a lot to cover up.
    I bit the dust and have started deleting all children, going to start again. thanks again.

Val

just in case anybody wastes their time, I did mix up two families me and 18 other people on Ancestry who copied me

Val

Have you got them straight now, or do you need more help??
    My avatar is my mother and her mother, Scarborough ca 1925-1930.
    Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Thats very nice of you Sylvia, I'd love help finding out what happened to a couple of the children, and when the parents died.
    Chrissie has been helping working out which children are theirs.
    If you dont mind ,am tired and dont want to put the wrong info on here, so will do it tomorrow.

Val

I'd be delighted to help ........ this week is a little chaotic, have daughter and grandson visiting (Spring Break), and so will be in and out, shorter time on here daily than usual!
    My avatar is my mother and her mother, Scarborough ca 1925-1930.
    Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.