Advise about a death please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise about a death please

Mary Brown nee Taylor buried on 1 Mar 1846 at St Laurence Snaith aged 79. This fits in nicely with her marriage and the age on her husband Johnsons burial.

Went to order death cert on GRO and it says she is 69. Do you think this is the right cert for Mary. Mar qtr 1846 vol 23 page 173?

Just started looking at this family as their son was my 2 x G Grandfather and was illegitimate. Looking for Browns in Yorkshire years ago was almost impossible but there is so much more info now on line.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Also having trouble with her husband Johnson Browns birth. I presumes Yorkshire but anywhere really. They married 7 Dec 1789 at Airmyn Yorks and he was buried 3 Jun 1831 aged 63 in Snaith.

Thanks
    Lin

Comment

Is this the death you are looking at? am not good on districts where is Goole Union? there are a few deaths in 1846 for a Mary Brown?

BROWN, MARY 69
      GRO Reference: 1846 M Quarter in GOOLE UNION Volume 23 Page 173
      Last edited by Guest; 09-03-19, 19:06.

Comment

had another look and think she may be yours, I have a death cert for one of mine which makes his age over 10 years out.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Is this the death you are looking at? am not good on districts where is Goole Union? there are a few deaths in 1846 for a Mary Brown?

BROWN, MARY 69
          GRO Reference: 1846 M Quarter in GOOLE UNION Volume 23 Page 173
          Snaith was in Goole reg dist

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

A Mary Brown was buried at Snaith on 1 March 1846 - register recorded her age as 79 yrs. As we know, information is only as good as the knowledge of the informant - may have been 2 different sources.

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

IF Johnson Brown's age is correct at 63 when he died in 1831, then he was born around 1768
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks everyone. They are the death and burial I had found. Was just going to order the death cert and thought I would put it on here in case I had missed anything obvious. Will order this afternoon and let you know the outcome.

There don't seem to be many Johnson Browns around or been transcribed with a birth date 1768 +/- 5 years anywhere. But as you said his age could be wrong on the burial record.

Thanks again.
                Lin

Comment

Working...
                X