X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What relation are they to each other?

Hi all!

Right then here goes haha!

My Nan's paternal Grandad's Mum (Sarah Jane) was the sister of my Nan's maternal Grandmother's Dad (John King) - does that even make sense?!

Also, as John King is already on my Ancestry tree is this why it is not giving me any hints for him?

Thanks all

I have absolutely NO idea...lol!

as for hints not sure, are you getting NO hints whatsoever for him? maybe try removing him totally then re adding him?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

you have linked him to both families? I guess there are not any new hints? Are you missing records for him?

as for the relationship, I think in ancestry you can make one person then see relationship to anyone in the tree. A lot of software has relationship calculator.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

No I haven't linked them - I'll look how to do this now then see if I can find a relationship calculator haha!

Comment

would this help Tessie?

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

All the charts I have found are cousin ones! I guess I'll never know lol! Just thought it was an interesting one

Comment

sorry missed out important word....you make one person the home person! then can see al relationships.

on Ancestry
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

If you have Family Tree Maker, make a new tree with the relevant pair in it plus their parents and those in the line of descent from them to you on both sides. Basic names and birth and death dates is enough detail just in case you have two people of the same name. Then navigate back to Sarah Jane and then use the View tab and pick Reports then Genealogy report. That will list everybody in the new tree in name order and show what their relationship to Sarah Jane is.
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 08-03-19, 20:30.

Comment

Your 3rd great grandparents john and sarah king were siblings.

This makes your great great grandparents first cousins.

Youe great grandparents are second cousins.

Your nan was her own third cousin.

Comment

An help???;D

;D

Chris
                    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
                    X