Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: William Hunt & Sarah Holmes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    Can't see them 1891 Julie
    Thanks hun xx

I wonder if they went to visit relatives in USA? I know that the 1890 census was burnt so none survive.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksecretz View Post
    Thanks hun xx

I wonder if they went to visit relatives in USA? I know that the 1890 census was burnt so none survive.
    But my gut feeling is that they are mistranscribed somewhere in Nottingham! but proving it is somewhat more difficult!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksecretz View Post
    But my gut feeling is that they are mistranscribed somewhere in Nottingham! but proving it is somewhat more difficult!
    You are probably right, just to let you know I have tried Nunt and Munt and did try ?unt, but with that one I added Sarah as spouse so may have missed it if they were not together, I did also try a Hun? again listing Sarah as spouse. I see they had no children, so that limits a possible with relatives.
    I am finding it more difficult to search Ancestry than in the past as I seem to have to wade through so many pages of totally unrelated possibilities with no links, in your case, to Leics or Nottingham. I have let my FMP lapse, which in circumstances like this, I did find more helpful.
    Good luck, one day they will crop up somewhere.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

I tried just Sarah born c1844 in Leicestershire and living in Nottinghamshire with a husband William without success. I wonder if he was away from home for some reason?

have you checked the addresses that he was in on 81 and 01 to see if he is in either of those? They are really close, so guess he wouldn't have moved far?
    Carolyn

Researching:Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon
    Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Plant, Skinner - Lincs ....all moved to London
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Quote Originally Posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    have you checked the addresses that he was in on 81 and 01 to see if he is in either of those? They are really close, so guess he wouldn't have moved far?
    Good point Carolyn, they are only 0.1 of a mile apart.

I have tried a search of sub district nottingham north west born in leics, no names, no wife at all and b 1846 +/- 5 years, it only come up with 145 odd names and can't see him, on initial glance.
    Carolyn

I thought I might have cracked it if he lied about his age. I found a married William Hunt, born Ravenstone but no wife present in 1891. He was living in Darfield Yorkshire as a Colliery Fireman, but was only 35. I wondered if he had gone ahead to see how the land lay and then came back. I can't find a Sarah born Whitwick on her own though.

I found him too....just couldn't think why he would be there on his own and 10 years younger...
    Carolyn

Have you been on deceased on line for the deaths. If not William was buried on 7 Jun 1926 Nottingham and Sarah 20 Dec 1919 Nottingham. If someone has a sub they might look them up for you.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham