UK Death certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Death certificates

When did a wife's details first start to be recorded on a married man's death certificate?

I did find this link after a search, not sure it answers your question, but very infomative:

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn in Kent View Post
      When did a wife's details first start to be recorded on a married man's death certificate?
      I only have one incidence of a wife's name being recorded on the death certificate of a married man. That was the death cert for my father and my mother's name and address are there because she was the informant. I don't have any really recent certs to look at and the format of the certs may have changed, but in the case I quoted above, there was no provision for marital status, let alone details of spouse.

I'm quoting England and Wales - I don't have any Scottish death certs for married folks.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you both for trying to help.

I registered my husband's death in 2017 and am named as the informant in section 7a...No address is shown for me.
        Section 7b for qualification shows me as 'Widow of deceased. Present at the death.'

My query relates to Section 6, .. Occupation and usual address.
        My husband's occupation is stated (retired)
        Then in the same section
        Husband of (myself, named ) and my occupation ( retired)
        Then our home address is shown.

I remember being surprised at the details included, as I had never come across that when viewing other death certificates.

Comment

My cert was in the 1980's.
          6 - occupation & usual address of deceased
          7a - name of informant b- qualification widow of deceased, present at death c usual address (this was the informant's address (& also that of the deceased.)

Sounds like the format of the cert may have been slightly rejigged. I'm sure forum member Antony will be able to help you.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you Jay.
            Yes, that is the format I am used to.

It is just a general interest question regarding the change really, but the added details might be of use to someone sometime.

Comment

Working...
            X