Clear All

• The burial is as
    Attached Files
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

• no help then :( other than the dates fit with her birth. Death cert could tell more. if it was here she should be in the 1841 census
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• didn't find any possibles on fmp for Elizabeth in dunstable just John.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• This is the only Eliza Bennett I can find matron in Hemel Hempstead but c 1791

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Elaine

Comment

• Good find - I looked and failed.

That is almost certainly the one in the directory, and probably the death too, but may not be our Eliza.

If Sarah is correct and we know Eliza (Sperring) is correct then they has to be a tie up to Hemel Hempstead, no idea why.

Wonder if daughter Eliza was a teacher always, she may have some records. i did find the parish record images on family search for Hemel and Dunstable, but found nothing to connect them. Even found the payment for the John Bennett funeral, but said no more than John Bennet and the amount, thought it would have a not who actually paid.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

• I found this site all about hertfordshire, thought it might be of interest - a section on Aldbury
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

• IMG_7797.jpg

This is the burial plot of Bartlett Bennett, & my great Grandmother Florence Taylor & my Great Aunt who died very young Florence Marie Letitia Taylor

The cemetery is Old Side : Ann's Hill Cemetery in Gosport, but his death 22 Aug 1913 is recorded in vol 2c page 151 in Droxford ......can this be the right that he was then buried in Gosport??

Comment

• I would say he would be registered where he died, so assume he was living there, or in fact staying with someone, but he would be buried wherever he chose, so if he had a plot then maybe he went there
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

• I can see a couple of newspaper articles, but don't have a sub so not sure exactly what they say. I don't think much.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

• Originally posted by karen michelle View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20060[/ATTACH]

This is the burial plot of Bartlett Bennett, & my great Grandmother Florence Taylor & my Great Aunt who died very young Florence Marie Letitia Taylor

The cemetery is Old Side : Ann's Hill Cemetery in Gosport, but his death 22 Aug 1913 is recorded in vol 2c page 151 in Droxford ......can this be the right that he was then buried in Gosport??
                      I wonder where Letitia is buried??
                      Last edited by karen michelle; 21-03-19, 11:29. Reason: i put the quote in the wrong place

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                        I would say he would be registered where he died, so assume he was living there, or in fact staying with someone, but he would be buried wherever he chose, so if he had a plot then maybe he went there
                        That makes sense....but where was Letitia buried??
                        Last edited by karen michelle; 21-03-19, 11:29. Reason: put the quote in the wrong place

Comment

• when and where did she die?
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

when and where did she die?
                            I have no idea where or when, she's in the 1911 census age 70, living at Cott Street Farm, Swanmore, Hampshire

Comment

• Bartlett's death in the paper and he dies at Cott Street Farm, Swanmore
                              Attached Files
                              Elaine

Comment

• There is a death in Buckinghamshire that would be my best guess

Letitia Bennett age 83 Q3 1923 Winslow
                                Elaine

Comment

• I guess she never made it to the plot from Winslow.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

• Further developments on Letitia Bennett nee Carter

Old English Henry and horses.jpg

This is Breinton House with Henry Carter Sen astride his horse, His daughter Letitia astride her horse and Henry Carter Junior stood by the donkey with his sister Jessie astride it.

I am struggling to find out where Letitia Bennett nee Carter is buried.... she is not buried with her husband Bartlett Bennett at St Anns Hill Cemetery in Gosport, which is very strange because Bartlett Bennett was buried 1913 and is buried at a treble depth.

Letitia Bennett birth about 1840
                                    death age 83
                                    Registered date Sept 1923
                                    Registration district Winslow
                                    Inferred County Buckinghamshire
                                    Volume 3a
                                    page 826

The Winslow area has 17 different parish churches, i need help to find out which area she died. Hoping this may lead to finding her.

Comment

• Do you defnitely know it was this one in Bucks? do you have the address where she was living? That would narrow down the search, as would assume it to be the local church.
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

Do you defnitely know it was this one in Bucks? do you have the address where she was living? That would narrow down the search, as would assume it to be the local church.
                                        Researched whole of Hampshire as i assume she still lived in same house...Cotts Street Farm, Swanmore, with Bartlett Bennett before he died..... found nothing! Searched connecting counties.... found nothing! it was only when putting in 1839/40 date of birth, name etc that came up with only one, it being in Winslow Bucks

Perhaps she went ot live with one of her children..... but dont know.

Comment

• Originally posted by karen michelle View Post
                                          Researched whole of Hampshire as i assume she still lived in same house...Cotts Street Farm, Swanmore, with Bartlett Bennett before he died..... found nothing! Searched connecting counties.... found nothing! it was only when putting in 1839/40 date of birth, name etc that came up with only one, it being in Winslow Bucks

Perhaps she went ot live with one of her children..... but dont know.

Im ordering the birth certificate, at least that will confirm where she live prior to her death but obviously not where she was buried.

Comment

Working...
                                          X