No announcement yet.

Bennett/Dixon/Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know im all new to all this, but the Humby's that you are all talking about .....
    in David Feltham's will he mentions relations The Humby's, Woodlands, Skinner...and so on
    it must be all the same??

Comment

• I did have a look for the William Woodland mentioned in the 2 wills on this thread, but didn't find any connection.

I have not seen the David Feltham will - is it on line somewhere? Does the will not say the relationship?

I have updated the tree on ancestry so you can see the Humbys, but guess they may not be the ones mentioned in the will, as they are probably children of the ones on there.

I can see that there are several articles in the paper on BNA - but I don't have a sub.
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-03-19, 12:23.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        I did have a look for the William Woodland mentioned in the 2 wills on this thread, but didn't find any connection.

I have not seen the David Feltham will - is it on line somewhere? Does the will not say the relationship?

I have updated the tree on ancestry so you can see the Humbys, but guess they may not be the ones mentioned in the will, as they are probably children of the ones on there.

I can see that there are several articles in the paper on BNA - but I don't have a sub.
        It says that they are relatives.

To my relatives William Woodlands of Salisbury and his brother the said John Woodlands, To Sarah Skinner, Elizabeth (Cram?) Joseph Humby and John Humby children of my late Uncle David Humby, To Samuel Humby Thomas Humby and Joseph Humby Grandchildren of my late Uncle Joseph Hamby £100 each

Comment

I did have a look for the William Woodland mentioned in the 2 wills on this thread, but didn't find any connection.

The David Feltham Will is on James Larkam thread #65 i think you may have put it on

Comment

• I had forgotten that will, sorry! There were names on there we had not found at the time.

...and Hamby - we spent ages trying to figure out the name on Anns will.

Joseph and John are on the tree - you should be able to see them.

I have now added Samuel.

I will have a look for the Woodlands later.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• Just found the extract again, I must admit I had dismissed it as it said it was his uncle, when in fact David is his wifes uncle

david feltham will extract.JPG

And assumed the same for the Woodlands

Elizabeth and Sarah must be their married names, and Davids' daughters
              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-03-19, 16:38.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

• Just to add, a Sarah Humby married William Langtry 1824

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

he is a witness on some of the marriages for the family
                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

• I have not got a Sarah Humby, only the one above that is a Skinner? would it be the sane one and remarried?
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

• Think she is Sarah Langtry on 1841,

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

just wanted to note William as he has popped up on searches and to save anyone looking. Am trying to concentrate on Frances and co rather than spread too far away from Dixon/Bennett and still need to pinpoint daughter Fanny's baptism. I'd be a lot happier if I could see something that named her father.
                    Elaine

Comment

• yes I stopped looking down the other lines of the Humbys, added the ones in the will, but didn't pursue them down the line, Ancestry is throwing up a number of hints, but have not reviewed.

amazing we have all these other people, but still nothing on the sister Sarah Gates - maybe she is not a sister.

We know the mother is Elizabeth Dixon (no mention of a husband) and alive in 1819 as she is in Ann Brewer (Humby) will, and nothing more. No marriage no death.

I did find a marriage in London with a John Bennett in 1806, but nothing concrete to tie them in, didn't fancy the witnesses at the banns
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

• John Brewer's will 1778 , not a lot of help but Ann Brewer wife signed and Joseph Humby

Elaine

Comment

yes I stopped looking down the other lines of the Humbys, added the ones in the will, but didn't pursue them down the line, Ancestry is throwing up a number of hints, but have not reviewed.

amazing we have all these other people, but still nothing on the sister Sarah Gates - maybe she is not a sister.

We know the mother is Elizabeth Dixon (no mention of a husband) and alive in 1819 as she is in Ann Brewer (Humby) will, and nothing more. No marriage no death.

I did find a marriage in London with a John Bennett in 1806, but nothing concrete to tie them in, didn't fancy the witnesses at the banns
                          Is Elizabeth Dixon not married to John Bennett............which continues the line to my BARTLETT BENNETT??

Comment

• Yes Elizabeth (in will of Ann) is the mother, I don't think I know it is John Bennett the father, I have not seen any record that confirms this, have you? no baptisms of any of the girls, or marriages that state father - or have I missed it?

wonder if this is her Betty? and Mary Ann

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 11-03-19, 09:23.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

• I also think the Mary Ann that is residing with David Feltham in 1841 maybe his sister and not Mary Ann Dixon, as she turns up in later census as sister.

So the birth date of 1778 could be wrong. I can't see a death after 1841 and before 1851 on GRO for her. No age mentioned on the above baptism (if it is them), so they could be any age really and baptised together.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

• David Feltham 3.jpg

not sure how to upload a photo but hope this works. Its a plaque David Feltham & Mary Ann hanging on the wall in the church of Coombe Bissett

Comment

• that confirms the census is his sister then. do you have any other confirmed dates of the sisters?
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

• I posted a snip for Mary Ann Feltham's death on the Larkham thread.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Yes Elizabeth (in will of Ann) is the mother, I don't think I know it is John Bennett the father, I have not seen any record that confirms this, have you? no baptisms of any of the girls, or marriages that state father - or have I missed it?

wonder if this is her Betty? and Mary Ann

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...41?pid=1709584
                                      i dont know why ive thought it was John Bennett ........must be a mistake, and as you said i too dont like the look of the two witnesses............they dont have any names which resemble anyone in the family

Comment

• Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                                        I posted a snip for Mary Ann Feltham's death on the Larkham thread.
                                        I saw it the time, but clearly didn't retain it sorry

Have re read all the threads now, to see if I had missed a piece. I think we had lots of puzzle pieces but hadn't put them all together.

I note that you found the marriage record also, before we knew it was Elizabeth. Not sure if we will ever be able to prove the right one.

I still feel that Eliza would be first born (due to her name), her dates are all over the place from the census, and also have the death in Bristol. Although I suppose first one could have died, and this was a second.

...and then the other 2 followed - who both say not born in Wilts.

Mary Ann/David Feltham married in Bedfordshire and Fanny Dixon died there, maybe a coincidence?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

• Am still searching for Bennett and went sideways hoping for more, found Ann Brewer's daughter's will, David Feltham gets around!

Ann Spencer widow

Last edited by Elaine; 11-03-19, 20:37.
                                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                          X