Ancestry Lifestory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep,

that confused me too! but if you just click arrow up so Islington jumps into top bar and then London, England, is left in the bottom bar, so you'll have

116, Upper Street, Islington in 'Place Detail box'

and

London, England in 'Place name box'

does that make sense?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

yes - I did that in the end There are many many to do...so a rainy day job
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        yes - I did that in the end There are many many to do...so a rainy day job
        yep, I know what you mean Carolyn, and any new ones now will get the same treatment. it does look great though when you go to resolve place names and there aren't any in the list it's completely empty.. :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Ummm .... I think there is a difference in GEDCOM standard between Place and Address. The one you want is Place to get the geocoding to work and make it choose somewhere sensible for your places. If you use 'town, County, Country' for British place names, with the commas it usually works. Town can also be village.
          Anne

Comment

Working...
          X