No announcement yet.

help with victor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that all sounds plausible. What happened to Bertha. (My Mums Name and don't see it much !)
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I can see a Bertha on the 1939 register as single so sadly does fit.

I am a bit confused as there are 2 bland families from Norfolk, with a lot of similar names - one went to Canning town - I assume we are following the Canning town ones as that is the one with an Amy? Both families had a Bertha, so one on 1939 might not be the same.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        I can see a Bertha on the 1939 register as single so sadly does fit.

I am a bit confused as there are 2 bland families from Norfolk, with a lot of similar names - one went to Canning town - I assume we are following the Canning town ones as that is the one with an Amy? Both families had a Bertha, so one on 1939 might not be the same.
        they went between bland and crockford (amy rose's sisters) amy's father was from norfolk but died in london, some stayed in the canning town area others moved back to the norfolk/cambs area
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think the one I saw was wrong bertha!
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

i know this thread i started last year on victor.

ive still not bought the birth certs to try and find a link. however, i have come across a record for 1939 of a victor thompson listed as seaman mercentile marine - 1939 Register; Reference: RG 101/2649G this would link into the story of him being in the navy or such and possibly the link to death at sea. he is on the isle of whute in HMP camp hill.

Comment

hi,
              i've re-found this thread as i've finally ordered a cert (yay!) This is because he was again mentioned at the last of the "siblings" funerals last year. But again no-one knows anything more on him, other than the oldest brother who died at sea. :(

However, the victor arnold of 1917 is NOT my victor, his mother is a Florence and no father listed on birth cert (none of Amy's sisters were called florence). victor arnold is on 1921 with people who are not the named mother from cert or any names i know.
              my thoughts now are 1. he didnt exist as per original thoughts. 2. Victor was his middle name (so a whole load more searching) 3. i give up *trying* to find him

Also linked to this mystery and the other "5" children on the 1921 census Emma and Arthur are listed as no dependents (like the 1911) so as per my thoughts on them - they didnt exist!

Comment

Just a thought, but maybe Victor wasn’t his name at all? Not forename or middle name?
                I have so many family members from that era who used completely different names, it has driven me mad over the years!
                Just as examples, I have Winnie (real name Patricia Margaret), May (real name Victoria Mary), Lenny (real name Samuel) and Sid (real name Frank). It makes searching very hard.
                Is there any chance that this Victor and his siblings were living with grand parents or other relatives? It does seem strange to have so many children spoken about if they didn’t actually exist 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
                  hi,
                  i've re-found this thread as i've finally ordered a cert (yay!) This is because he was again mentioned at the last of the "siblings" funerals last year. But again no-one knows anything more on him, other than the oldest brother who died at sea. :(

However, the victor arnold of 1917 is NOT my victor, his mother is a Florence and no father listed on birth cert (none of Amy's sisters were called florence). victor arnold is on 1921 with people who are not the named mother from cert or any names i know.
                  my thoughts now are 1. he didnt exist as per original thoughts. 2. Victor was his middle name (so a whole load more searching) 3. i give up *trying* to find him

Also linked to this mystery and the other "5" children on the 1921 census Emma and Arthur are listed as no dependents (like the 1911) so as per my thoughts on them - they didnt exist!

have you found Amy Rose Bland on 1921 census? where is she?
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I can see that Arthur is on reg of electors in 1920s (can find him in 1915 also). thought there maybe an outside chance that a grown up child could be with him. But nothing.

like you say arthur and Emma the census have no children a random nephew in 1911, and also 2 random girls in 1921, maybe they kind of 'fostered' children as they were childless, that were family/friends.

Emma disappears from reg of electors in 1928 and Amy is on there in 1930 with reference to Arthur and his address. They are on FMP
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

hi,

Arthur was married to Amy's aunt Emma Jane Crockford, before her and had 5 sons, I don't know if Victor was 1 of them i have 4 names out of 5, this maybe more probable and he was just brought up with Arthur and Amy.

if anyone can find anything on him i would be very grateful.
                      Amy
                      are you able to give the names of the siblings if the last funeral was recently? Have you traced them?
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by darannon View Post
                        Just a thought, but maybe Victor wasn’t his name at all? Not forename or middle name?
                        I have so many family members from that era who used completely different names, it has driven me mad over the years!
                        Just as examples, I have Winnie (real name Patricia Margaret), May (real name Victoria Mary), Lenny (real name Samuel) and Sid (real name Frank). It makes searching very hard.
                        Is there any chance that this Victor and his siblings were living with grand parents or other relatives? It does seem strange to have so many children spoken about if they didn’t actually exist 🤔
                        i hadnt even thought that victor may not be an actual name but known by. it does seem strange that there are "5 unknown male siblings" (names were posted on 1st page but no-1 was able to locate them) and Victor makes a 6th child. A friend of mine has suggested that they could be cousins and were always with the supposed parents.

Comment

have you found Amy Rose Bland on 1921 census? where is she?
                          i have a record for Amy Ann 1904 canning town but why she would be Amy Ann i dont know, but there again she was under Rosie E in 1911!!! she's listed as a servant. not sure if this is her though.

Comment

are you able to give the names of the siblings if the last funeral was recently? Have you traced them?

The 5 sibling linked to Emma and Arthur were (names n dates given by uncle) fred abt 1893, william arthur abt 1896, norman abt 1897, lawrence 1899 and ? 1901. these were looked for by members on here and nothing found linked tot he family names of bland or thompson.

Victors Siblings (known and met all of them) were Doreen (nan) 1929, Fred 1926, Joyce 1933, Margaret 1944

Comment

Frederick is living with them in Ely on reg of electors in the 50s along with Doreen and husband Reginald 27 Newtown or also 27 Council Houses

EDIT
                              Sorry just realised there are 2 Freds! these are the ones you can find no trace
                              fred abt 1893,
                              william arthur abt 1896,
                              norman abt 1897,
                              lawrence 1899 and
                              ? 1901.
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-01-23, 17:03.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Fred living with doreen and reg was the one born 1926. Doreen and reg were never married she just took his name.

but yes apparently the 1st "sibling" was also fred in 1893. but yes 1893-1901 are the ones with no trace of.

Comment

i have a record for Amy Ann 1904 canning town but why she would be Amy Ann i dont know, but there again she was under Rosie E in 1911!!! she's listed as a servant. not sure if this is her though.
                                  Just had a look at the record https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...91%2F0253%2F06 I think that could be Rose and not Ann. placing her in London in 1921 when Victor could have been born.

1911 she is just Rosie Bland no initial E
                                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-01-23, 21:55.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                  X