No announcement yet.

Help with my Essex roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure if I had, but Harlow not on that list, so I may have dismissed it.

Odd as have found the images on Film # 004513862, Harlow are included with West Ham, Harwich and Plaistow so maybe they have forgotten to add to that list.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

My Tillingham and Tollesbury parishes aren't on the list either but they are there on some bishops transcripts mixed in with other villages/towns as Carolyn found. Using Elaine's method post #14 is the way I was shown years ago. Mine has 2184 pages to browse through. I transcribed most of Tollesbury from Seax for FreeReg and have found most of my rellies but the one I really want is baptised 1812-1813 and the originals for those years are completely unreadable:(
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Had you looked on FreeReg Carolyn?
        Harlow St John the Baptist Parish Register 04 Jun 2015 2,292 1841 - 1978
        Harlow St Mary Magdalene Parish Register 06 Feb 2011 1,725 1862 - 1957
        Harlow St Mary and St Hugh Parish Register 04 Jun 2015 5,156 1778 - 1929
        Harlow St Mary and St Hugh Other Transcript 29 Mar 2010 851 0 - 1839
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Had you looked on FreeReg Carolyn?
          Harlow St John the Baptist Parish Register 04 Jun 2015 2,292 1841 - 1978
          Harlow St Mary Magdalene Parish Register 06 Feb 2011 1,725 1862 - 1957
          Harlow St Mary and St Hugh Parish Register 04 Jun 2015 5,156 1778 - 1929
          Harlow St Mary and St Hugh Other Transcript 29 Mar 2010 851 0 - 1839
          Yes I have gone through those, it is St Mary and St Hugh. Was not able to find everyone, could be that they moved to Harlow, and hence why I can't find them. The ones I have found on there, will see if I can find the images on this site - nice to match them up.

I also have a lot of the images from many years ago. The original church records were lost through fire or something.

I have Joseph Brett 1775 - 1837 (found death transcript) and marriage to Sarah - no idea who she is

My line is then their Child James Brett 1796 to 1861 - have found most for him, just found marriage image. married Ann Tucker - am a bit sketchy on her and her parents, so will see what the images bring.

They have a child George Brett 1823 (Harlow) moves to London and marries Harriet Everett B Harlow have marriage cert and various internet docs, her father Joseph 1796-1876 b Harlow and married Sarah Hart (Hertfordshire).

His father William 1755-1815, guesses at this stage really, I have very little for him. I shall have a proper tidy up after this and see where I get to!
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I also had trouble with the instructions in the latest Lost Cousins newsletter, so thanks for clarifying, Elaine.
            Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
              I also had trouble with the instructions in the latest Lost Cousins newsletter, so thanks for clarifying, Elaine.
              Phew - I thought it was me
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
              X