Record set Wiltshire Burials Index 1538-1990

Comment

GBC_1841_1167_0075.jpg and 1841

Comment

51.jpg 1851

Comment

61.jpg 1861

Comment

Unfortunately i cant see the documents, ive only just started using this site. When i click on the document it tells me I do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
            If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How do i get more privileges??

Comment

I had the same problem, sadly you have to be a member for 10 days :( I have only recently joined and was very confusing, not come across it before on forums and thought I had done something odd.

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-02-19, 22:27.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I could email them to you

Comment

Thank you for this information
                  Im trying to link James to my Bartlett Bennett family.

Bartlett is an orphan after his Mother Fanny dies in childbirth. 1845
                  On the 1851 census i have Bartlett living with James and Sarah Larkam
                  1861 census Bartlett's is at Queen Wood College, Hampshire
                  As this is a fee paying public school, i ask myself who is paying for this?? Is his father James, is Sarah his grandmother?
                  In Bartlett's adult life he has a farm of 413 acres in Alverstoke
                  Hes obviously has had a privileged life for an illegitimate orphan.

Can you help me fill in the blanks??

Comment

I could email them to you
                    address

Teffont Magna, Tisbury, Wiltshire, England

James Larkam Head Unmarried Male 25 1826 Annuitant Wiltshire, England
                    Sarah Larkam Mother W Female 65 1786 Marnhull, Dorset, England
                    Bartlett Bennett Visitor - Male 6 1845 - London, England
                    Last edited by Guest; 20-02-19, 22:33.

Comment

Thank you Carolyn, I'll look at the documents in 10 days time

Comment

same address
                        Charles Kenwood Head Married Male 33 1828 Agricultural Labourer Wiltshire, England
                        Emma Kenwood Wife Married Female 40 1821 - Wardour, Wiltshire, England
                        Tom Kenwood Son - Male 4 1857 Wiltshire, England
                        Frank Kenwood Son - Male 2 1859 Wiltshire, England
                        Kate Kenwood Daughter - Female 2 1859 Wiltshire, England
                        James Larkam Unmarried Male 34 1827 Annuitant Wiltshire, England

Comment

Yes thats my Bartlett, but i wonder why hes living with them?
                          if you can email me the documents my email is
                          (sent via pm to Val)
                          Last edited by Jill on the A272; 21-02-19, 08:22. Reason: email removed

Comment

looks like in 1861, Sarah has died and my Bartlett Bennett has gone on to college..... but who's paying?

thanks Val

Comment

Karen, I've removed your email to protect you from spammers, but have sent it to Val via personal message for you.

Comment

Have you tried the Hampshire records office to see if they have records of Queen Wood College? Found a brief ref in The Clairmont Family Letters which talks about the school and states that the fees were 50 guineas per annum.

You might be lucky and find the records office has admission list etc

Comment

Thank you Jill, I was a little concerned about putting my email address out there.
                                  It was very kind of Val to offer.
                                  I'm new to all this and finding it fascinating, frustrating, very time consuming and addictive!
                                  Kind regards
                                  Karen

Comment

THank you for this info, I'll get straight onto the records office
                                    Kind Regards
                                    Karen x

Comment

I was going to suggest next time send your email by pm, much safer.
                                      I'll see if I can find anything more

Comment

There are also some suggestions re James Larkam on Karen's other thread re Bartlett Bennett, in the attempt to find the connection between the Larkams, Bartlett and his mother Fanny
                                        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
                                        X