Emmeline Gertrude Wilkinson, nee Timpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmeline Gertrude Wilkinson, nee Timpson

Emmeline Gertrude Wilkinson, nee Timpson. Married William Wilkinson in 1919 in Belfast. He died in Belfast in 1921.
    1939 register - in Honiton Devon.

I'm pretty sure this is my woman as DOB tallies with her 1868 Wexford birth registration here:

However, is the 1939 Emmeline in Honiton the same person as the Emmeline Gertrude Wilkinson who dies in Liverpool in 1953 and whose estate is administered in 1956?
    (My Emmeline didn't have any children and the name of the executor doesn't mean anything to me.)

Reason for uncertainty - some possible Liverpool Electoral Registers which may be her but which overlap with her being in Honiton in 1939.

Can anyone resolve/advise?
    Thanks,

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 16-02-19, 19:47.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Hi Christine, don't know if this will help, but there is a newspaper notice 4 June 1956, asking if anyone has any claims on her estate, and mentions that Samuel William Parker (the executor) comes from Dublin, so maybe an Irish connection?
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

The birth registration you linked to shows Emmeline's mother's maiden name was Parker, so Samuel William Parker may well have been a nephew or other relative.

He was born 1882 to this couple:
      https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1881/11004/8023652.pdf

Comment

Also noticed on the 1939 she is said to be an "occasional boarder". Could this mean that she was only there for a short space of time - maybe on holiday or something, possibly for the summer, and her main residence was in Liverpool.
        Linda

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
          The birth registration you linked to shows Emmeline's mother's maiden name was Parker, so Samuel William Parker may well have been a nephew or other relative.

He was born 1882 to this couple:
          https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1881/11004/8023652.pdf
          Thanks Teasie - well spotted on her mother's maiden name being Parker. From further investigation - Samuel Parker married Ellen Jeffares in 1881 in Wexford, his father being John Parker, merchant. Not yet digitised on irishgenealogy but via familysearch, William Timpson married Eliza Letitia Parker in 1865 in Dublin South and her father was also called John Parker. Conclusion: Samuel (senior) and Eliza Letitia Parker were brother and sister, and hence Emmeline and Samuel William Parker were first cousins.
          There are too many connections/coincidences now for the 1939 Emmeline and the Emmeline who dies in Bootle in 1953 not to be the same person.

Teasie, Linda - would you agree? Can I definitely kill her off in 1953?
          Thanks,
          Christine
          Last edited by Karamazov; 17-02-19, 00:35.
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
            Also noticed on the 1939 she is said to be an "occasional boarder". Could this mean that she was only there for a short space of time - maybe on holiday or something, possibly for the summer, and her main residence was in Liverpool.
            Hi Linda,
            Yes, I noticed that too but hadn't thought of the explanation you've come up with!
            It really helps to have some extra eyes poring over the info...
            Thanks,
            Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 17-02-19, 00:33.
            Researching:

Comment

I agree that it is the same person, as you say too many coincidences, and that she can be assumed to have died in 1953. Seemed to have taken a long time for probate to have gone through. I wonder why.
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X