Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burial or cremation help

hi,
    is there anyway i can find out if my grandad was burried or cremated? William Liddle Lackey died 1959, deeping, lincs. I have his death cert, but can't find if burried or cremated. If he's burried i would guess its at the Deeping St James church as that was just around the corner from where they lived. I've messaged the church asking if hes there and had no reply.
    I know his wife was cremated.
    Amy
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

just did a quick google and the register is on line, not sure how I got there but ended up here:

Can't see any Lackey on there at quick glance
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Just looked at Deceased on line and the local newspapers and nothing coming up.

Where was his wife cremated as some are on Deceased on line and if she could be found them by elimination you could perhaps have a good guess as to what happened to him. You can look at the web site for free but not a lot of info unless you have credits or a sub.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
        hi,
        is there anyway i can find out if my grandad was burried or cremated? William Liddle Lackey died 1959, deeping, lincs. I have his death cert, but can't find if burried or cremated. If he's burried i would guess its at the Deeping St James church as that was just around the corner from where they lived. I've messaged the church asking if hes there and had no reply.
        I know his wife was cremated.
        Amy
        Hi Amy,
        if you contact the crematorium where his wife was cremated then they may be able to help you especially if you have his date of death, [sometimes they will do a search of their registers] if he was buried maybe he was buried in a municipal cemetery? [ie a council one not a church one] or if he was buried in the churchyard then the record office/local studies library may have the parish register for that time period on microfiche.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

You might try asking the local newspaper or Local Studies Centre if they could search filed newspapers for the 2-3 weeks following his date of death, looking for an obituary ............. obituaries often state where people are buried or the crematorium.
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I notice the link I sent does have cremations as well - so assume that these were those that had a church service rather than a service at the crem.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Email the local council to where he died, give the full name, age and address. Ask them to look in the burial and cremation registers, or they will only check the one you asked for.

I've done this with all my maternal great and great great grandparents, and have gotten the information each time.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                Email the local council to where he died, give the full name, age and address. Ask them to look in the burial and cremation registers, or they will only check the one you asked for.

I've done this with all my maternal great and great great grandparents, and have gotten the information each time.
                Some councils actually have their burial registers online, and some charge a fee!
                Julie

Comment

The Lincs on line has loads of records, and I have now been sidetracked as I have family there that left around 1860, have found inventories that assume are my people as the dates all tie up. Seems like site is not quite set up as you cant add images to the basket, you have to phone up and get them!

You can see them all though just not able to download. lots are searchable, and you can add you own tags.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    Some councils actually have their burial registers online, and some charge a fee!
                    Never had to pay julie, all done free. Darlington, leeds, felixstowe and worthing in sussex. All very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      Never had to pay julie, all done free. Darlington, leeds, felixstowe and worthing in sussex. All very helpful.
                      Like I said Kyle 'some' :smilee:

I need to get to my local studies library as there are some Marriages and Burials I need to check out.
                      Julie

Comment

hi, i messaged a lady linked to peterborough and lincolnshire family history society and she managed to find that he was cremated and has given me the date. she's had no luck on obituary at the moment but is going to keep hunting for me.
                        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done. Lovely to get all the info about an ancestor.
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                          X