Thread: Non existent spouse

Bendigo, Victoria. Australia, born Perth WA, lived in RMC Duntroon ACT, Holsworthy & Mosman, NSW,

Non existent spouse

I have a relative who was married twice only (I am using Family Tree Maker 2011)
    I accidentally gave him a 3rd wife due to several generations of males with the same name. The non existent wife has gone, but how do I get rid of "no spouse entered"? please
    Jood

Laughlan, Lochlin Partick, Paisley, Lanark, Scot, Aust., Drumachose, Ire. Goring, Canada, London, Aust, Cook Sheet, Hants, and Overbury, Worc., Aust. Burgess Cheltenham, Charlton Kings, Glos. Westlake, Puddy Mark, Puriton, S/set. Heaven Uley, Glos., Aust., Gleeson, Cty Clare, Ire., Conway & Tierney Cty Clare Ire. Aust.

In my tree program you also have to delete the marriage event itself. Someone who uses FTM will tell you how if you can't find it.
    Anne

There is a question about this on Ancestry which might help Jood:

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/topi...r/8306/mb.ashx
    Kat

My avatar is my Grandmother - Ida Lock 1897-1988

Have moved this for you Jood as I thought someone might know more under Family Tree Software.

Bendigo, Victoria. Australia, born Perth WA, lived in RMC Duntroon ACT, Holsworthy & Mosman, NSW,
    Thanks you Chrissie, Katarzyna and Anne - all done. I'm sure I have a few more similar situations around, but I know how to do it now.
    Jood

Laughlan, Lochlin Partick, Paisley, Lanark, Scot, Aust., Drumachose, Ire. Goring, Canada, London, Aust, Cook Sheet, Hants, and Overbury, Worc., Aust. Burgess Cheltenham, Charlton Kings, Glos. Westlake, Puddy Mark, Puriton, S/set. Heaven Uley, Glos., Aust., Gleeson, Cty Clare, Ire., Conway & Tierney Cty Clare Ire. Aust.

In 2017 you would use the 'detach' and remove the link to "unknown spouse"

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
    In 2017 you would use the 'detach' and remove the link to "unknown spouse"

Thanks TrevorFranklin, I've fixed it ok now.
    Jood