Messed up Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up Desktop

I pressed something by mistake, but dont know what? now its all messy, cannot make the pages bigger or smaller etc etc ,it wont do a system restore either HELP
    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-19, 21:28.

Hi Val, you need to define what you mean by 'messy', otherwise I have no clue what your problem is.
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 03-02-19, 13:00.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi and thanks cannot change page sizes they fill the screen so much no X top right to come out of them.
      The side bar with apps has gone really small,and the screen is covered in squares of the news etc.
      If I do a Windows recovery will I lose anything.

Comment

Val - do you have Windows 10?

If so have you clicked on a little button next to the box where it says "type here to search" on the bottom left of the screen? It looks like a film strip. Try clicking on that and see what happens.

Have you pressed F11? This will hide the X on browser windows. Try pressing F11 anyway and see what happens then.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline thanks for responding, I dont know what I've done, think I panicked and made things worse.snip.jpg

This what my task bar looks like now, never had that circle and those little boxes to the right of it before?
          And where that half arrow is to the right there is only the speaker? before it used to have the speaker volume and removeable stuff etc.

oh and I tried F11 thanks and some pages now have the X, but still cannot change the size of the pages, not even in my mails they fill the page.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-02-19, 19:05.

Comment

Try ctrl 0 Val. (hold down Control and press zero)
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

thanks Kat, have managed to get some stuff back, but still cannot restore pages down ,even on my emails, I also seem to have tiles on the desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                thanks Kat, have managed to get some stuff back, but still cannot restore pages down ,even on my emails, I also seem to have tiles on the desktop?
                Did you try pressing the picture of the film strip? It is left of IE in you screen print above. You might have brought up task view by mistake.
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Can you take a a full screen shot and post it on here?
                  Kat

Comment

yes its task view Caroline should I get rid of it if I can ?

Comment

how do you do a screenshot, never done one

Comment

Do as Caroline suggested first.

If it doesn't work -

Use the Snipping tool and snip around the whole screen including task bar and all top bars just the same as when you did one of the task bar. (Use FTM page open -we don't want to see your desk top stuff)
                        Kat

Comment

that film strip bit to the right of the small circle does say Task View, can I get rid of it?
                          Also really odd but when I open the snipping toolm everything in the taskbar and down the side disappears so cannot show you.

Comment

that film strip bit to the right of the small circle does say Task View, can I get rid of it?
                            Also really odd but when I open the snipping toolm everything in the taskbar and down the side disappears so cannot show you.
                            Have you clicked on the picture of the film strip - this is actually a button which switches task View on and off.

Press it. That should stop the tiling.

Then you need to click on each page and press f11 then the cross. If no cross, press f11 again and then the cross.

When you have task view on, you get little versions of everything that you have open on the desktop and the Snipping tool is maximised. Once you've pressed the task view button and got rid of the tiling it will be normal size.
                            Caroline

Comment

thanks so much for perservering Caroline, looks almost normal now phew

Comment

thanks so much for perservering Caroline, looks almost normal now phew
                                I'm glad you've got it sorted.
                                Caroline

Comment

so am I , was really worried

Comment

meant to thank you too Kat

Comment

Working...
                                    X