Plea for help re a Marylebone marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I believe the St Marylebone parish records are held at City of Westminster Archives Centre not the LMA. You can contact them by email. They will be able to let you know if they have the parishes you need for that date or whether they are still held at the relevant church.

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/contact-archives-team
    Nice one Kat, I'll get an email off to them to ask the question.

Comment

You have my sympathy if you're investigating a war memorial.
      I rashly set myself the task of commemorating the 81 men listed on the roll of honour in our village church - thought it would be a nice little easy task. It actually took five years of(f) my life and has left me feeling exhausted still! Only nine of the men died and eight of them are recorded on the CWGC site - and there are surviving military records for only about a quarter of the rest. I did what I could but for at least 10 of them I had to just include a sheet with the name and message "I have been unable to identify this man."
      I wish you all the best with your mission, especially if like me there is only an initial to represent a forename in some cases.

Jay
      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 05-02-19, 09:44.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Don't forget that is possible that this wasn't a church marriage at all. Many wartime marriages took place in a Registry Office.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
          You have my sympathy if you're investigating a war memorial.
          I rashly set myself the task of commemorating the 81 men listed on the roll of honour in our village church - thought it would be a nice little easy task. It actually took five years of(f) my life and has left me feeling exhausted still! Only nine of the men died and eight of them are recorded on the CWGC site - and there are surviving military records for only about a quarter of the rest. I did what I could but for at least 10 of them I had to just include a sheet with the name and message "I have been unable to identify this man."
          I wish you all the best with your mission, especially if like me there is only an initial to represent a forename in some cases.

Jay
          I have experienced all the emotions that you have mentioned, but I have found it so addictive that I intend to complete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            Don't forget that is possible that this wasn't a church marriage at all. Many wartime marriages took place in a Registry Office.
            I haven't ruled this out, but would like to rule the parish records first.

Comment

Working...
            X