Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO (England & Wales) - price of BMD certs to increase

Advance warning from Claire Santry's invaluable blog:

On 16 February, the cost of English and Welsh certificates of BMDs will increase as follows:

The price of paper copies – certified/official certificates – will increase from £9.25 to £11.

'Research copies', ie pdf versions issued by email, will rise from £6 to £7. PDF versions are available only for registrations of birth 1837-1918 and death 1837-1957.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Thanks Christine

Vera

Comment

hmmmmmmmm thanks

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Christine. I received a batch today and was going to wait for a month or so before requesting a few others but think I may bring those forward. I may check out the situation re wills as there's a couple of those I'd like too.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks Christine, I knew already from Lost cousins newsletter, but is good to have a general reminder. I may well be ordering a death cert.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Any idea why marriages aren't in any way part of the pdf trial? Or why deaths are only till 1957? Is it somerhing to with the dove project?

Comment

Yes, Kyle. It uses that data from that old project, which never included the marriages as far as I know.
              Anne

Comment

Last minute reminder - get your order done today if you want to beat the price rise!

Christine
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

There are also a couple of other changes according to the GRO page tonight ...........

The GRO page also now says that pdfs for births and deaths are now permanent ..........

"GRO has been piloting a service providing PDF copies of historical birth and death records. From the 16th February 2019 PDF’s have become a permanent service."

It also now says ............

"From 16th February 2019 GRO .......................... made changes to delivery options. Extra charges will apply if you do not order certificates online or include a GRO index reference (where available)."
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
                  X