• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthur Ireland
    1914-1920
    Dvr./L/Bdr
    British War Medal and Victory Medal
    Royal Artillery (Royal Horse Artillery and Royal Field Artillery)
    Royal Field Artillery. Territorial Force
    RFA. T. 442, Dvr.

Beverley

Comment

There is a British Army Serivce record on FMP for Arthur Ireland

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

SN 6955 Royal West Kent Regiment

Arthur Ireland b 1890 Islington

Residing 26 Speedwell Street, Deptford, Kent

Cycle maker's labourer

Recorded as being 5' 5" tall, fair complexion, dark hair, hazel eyes. Scar R cheek

Religion C/E

Next of kin mother Emily Snow, 113 Shepperton Road, Islington

Attested at Woolwich 24/06/1907 discharged permanently unfit 31/07/07

The signatures on the Surrey mc and the attestation document look very similar

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 21-01-19, 12:13.

Comment

Capture Ireland, Attest.JPG
        Capture Ireland, A MC.JPG

Comment

Emily Clara Ireland, 26 yrs,d/o Harry Ireland, dec., cab driver, marr Frank Snow, 27 yrs, cab master, s/o Henry Snow, dec, harness maker. Witness John Warren, Elizabeth Poole 16 Jan 1898 at St John the Baptist Islington

Beverley

Comment

Sorry - I see that Vera has already posted that. A bit hard to work out what is a red herring.
            Summarising, I consider it likely Arthur Ireland was the illegit s/o Emily Ireland b. 5 Sep 1891 in the Buckingham Palace road workhouse, baptized there the following day and was the Arthur Ireland, same birth date, admitted to school in Lewisham in 1895 (parent given as Mary (wid), and again in 1898,admitted to Frankham st school London, resident at 47 Charles st, with father Thomas.

For what it is worth, there is an Emily Ireland,18 yrs,b. Battersea, father Thomas, wid , steam engine fitter (stoker?) living at 111 Wyndham rd Camberwell in 1891. I don't know my London geography, so don't know if these events are geographically likely.

Beverley

Comment

Hi

I found her birth, but not under Magee as spelt on a later certificate but as McGhie! Would anyone be able to see when she died I think some one gas suggested as 1989 in Slough? Or is it too early to find on the Internet?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm really not sure if RC - we've never known. I think I shall have to go over to Solihull & get some pictures of Arthur & Nellie's headstone to keep for future reference! They're not buried in any particular religious art ie Christian / Roman Catholic, the cemetery is attached to a CofE church

Comment

Originally posted by mills65 View Post
                  Hi

I found her birth, but not under Magee as spelt on a later certificate but as McGhie! Would anyone be able to see when she died I think some one gas suggested as 1989 in Slough? Or is it too early to find on the Internet?

Thanks in advance
                  I can't find a birth in Scotland in 1918 for a Marryann McGhie either. Can you tell us the details of her birth please and also her parents names or anything else you know about her i.e. did she marry, have children etc.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi

We don't know if she married. Her actual birth date is 26/5/1909! Her surname was spelt McGhie - not Magee as we know & have it on some documents.
                    But I'm struggling to find her death. I know of 1989 she was in Slough. But that is all the info i have ??

Comment

Have you looked at other variants of the surname? Macgee sounds like mackie or mckay pronounced "mac- ky" like "sky" in a rough accent.

Comment

On Ancestry and FMP there is a death registration for a
                        Mary Anne Magee
                        born 26/05/1909
                        Registered May, 1989
                        Registration District Slough
                        Vol 19 Page 593

Vera
                        Last edited by vera2013; 24-01-19, 22:58.

Comment

I found her birth - Thank you for looking for me. I ordered the birth certificate & it's arrived today xx

Comment

Can anyone tell me any death details on a George Morriston Edwards - he was living at Stratfield Rd in Slough back in May 1989. I don't think he is still alive.

Comment

George Morriston Edwards - Age 83 - Birth Date 27 Jan 1920 - Registration Date Oct 2003 - Registration district Slough - County Berkshire - Register Number D3C - District and Subdistrict 321/1D

Comment

Chrissie Smiff
                                Thank you for this - can I just ask is this birth info only - is he still living ? he would be 99 if so.

Thank you each & everyone of you for helping with my questions - I really do appreciate it so very much.

Comment

Originally posted by mills65 View Post
                                  Chrissie Smiff
                                  Thank you for this - can I just ask is this birth info only - is he still living ? he would be 99 if so.

Thank you each & everyone of you for helping with my questions - I really do appreciate it so very much.
                                  Sorry no, it's his death registration in 2003. The age 83 means that was his age at death.

Comment

Chrissie you're an absolute gem. Thank you sooooo much for your help xxx

Comment

You're very welcome

Comment

Hi

How would I or where would I need to look for information on where Maryann Magee worked? I believe she was "in service" possibly in Rothsay Isle of Bute?

Thanks in advance
                                        Wendy

Comment

FYI, Rothesay has an "e" in it. She's too young to be in a census and her job wouldn't attract any attention in the papers.
                                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                          X