cancelling ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancelling ancestry

how much notice do I need to give before the renewal date? I was going to cancel today but my subscription doesnt end until 28th feb. Didnt want to cancel if they cut me off straight away. I want to keep it until then. But dont want them to auto renew

I cancelled mine before my sub ran out- continued to have access to everything until then,

Comment

Same here Gloryer. I cancelled mine about a month before the renewal date and had access until the renewal date.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

ok thank you . it wasnt very clear on there. just says you will lose access to the records

Comment

Anything that you have saved to your computer stays. Anything in your saved in shoebox saves the reference. You just cant have actual site of the document as that is what you get when you are a subscriber. DNA 'matches ' can be contacted, you just can't see their trees online, but I think if they invite you you still can.It sounds reasonable but it is frustrating!

Comment

Would help a lot if they just had a “do not auto renew” button same as FindmyPast

Comment

I cancelled mine a few days before the renewal was due and still had access to everything I'd paid for until the renewal date. After a week without it, I decided I still wanted to belong to Ancestry as well as FMP and so I took advantage of Elaine's link on here and rejoined successfully.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I can only see limited amounts in ancestry. worked fine until about supper time yesterday. is this a maintenance period ? or did i hit a wrong button cutting me off the census and bmd info?
                Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Working...
                X