WHY can't I find her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
    pooooooooooo well Thomas doesn't appear to be buried @ Kingsway.. just gone through 1910 burials and he doesn't appear.
    doesn't appear in Hucknall burial books either... poo
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

the first one lists her as 'wife' [she was actually a 'widow']

It could be the reply by the informant giving burial details said something like 'she was the wife of Thomas..' instead of 'she was the widow of....'
      whereas the cert should give the true facts.

btw Hayes and Boltons were living 97 George St, Hucknall Torkard according to 1911 census.

Edit. The fact that she was reburied at Kirkby adds weight to that being your Elizabeth. Was there a hospital at Hucknall?
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 17-01-19, 14:55.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

There is this Hospital in Hucknall Road, maybe she died there?

The Hospital Records (HOSPREC) Database was the result of a collaborative project between the Wellcome Library and The National Archives to bring together information about the existence and location of the records of UK hospitals. This information includes: the administrative details of the hospitals, and their status or type the location and covering dates of […]
        Last edited by Guest; 17-01-19, 16:02.

Comment

Only just caught up with this thread. The hospital on Hucknall Road is the Nottingham City hospital and was the workhouse but not in Hucknall. Julie will know this but might help anyone who doesn't know the area. Just going to look where basford workhouse was. Back soon. Looks as though Basford work house was in Bulwell area so would come under Basford record office.
          Last edited by Lin Fisher; 17-01-19, 16:19.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            the first one lists her as 'wife' [she was actually a 'widow']

It could be the reply by the informant giving burial details said something like 'she was the wife of Thomas..' instead of 'she was the widow of....'
            whereas the cert should give the true facts.

btw Hayes and Boltons were living 97 George St, Hucknall Torkard according to 1911 census.

Edit. The fact that she was reburied at Kirkby adds weight to that being your Elizabeth. Was there a hospital at Hucknall?
            No Kat there isn't and never has been.. [a hospital that is]

if she'd gone anywhere hospital wise it'd probably be either Victoria Hospital [Mansfield workhouse] or Bagthorpe Hospital [City Hospital as it is now] or Basford Hospital/workhouse.

I thought that with it being Kirkby that would add weight to it, but, it is just niggling.
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              There is this Hospital in Hucknall Road, maybe she died there?

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...id=732&page=42
              That's City Hospital Val.. formerly Bagthorpe/workhouse. not sure...
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                Only just caught up with this thread. The hospital on Hucknall Road is the Nottingham City hospital and was the workhouse but not in Hucknall. Julie will know this but might help anyone who doesn't know the area. Just going to look where basford workhouse was. Back soon. Looks as though Basford work house was in Bulwell area so would come under Basford record office.
                Basford Workhouse is on Highbury Vale.. it is/was Highbury Hospital only two buildings actually remain of the workhouse now. It has been totally knocked down/rebuilt
                Julie

Comment

Julie. I was looking at my old burial disc last night for clues. Knew it didn't go up to 1920 but there were burials for Brackner's until 1890's in Hucknall. That is as late a the disc goes but could she have had in-laws there she went to stay with when she became ill. Without going into her husbands family it is hard to know. Did she have any children as I was wondering who decided to move her to Kirkby in Ashfield?
                  Lin

Comment

Just looked at Nottingham archives catalogue and nothing came up about land etc. Also looked at archives at Kew and nothing jumped out at me. Then had a look at Wills. There is one for a Mary Branckner in 1920 living at Whyburn Farm Hucknall. Husband William. Could she be a relative to Thomas. Keep thinking why was she in Hucknall.
                    Lin

Comment

Julie. I was looking at my old burial disc last night for clues. Knew it didn't go up to 1920 but there were burials for Brackner's until 1890's in Hucknall. That is as late a the disc goes but could she have had in-laws there she went to stay with when she became ill. Without going into her husbands family it is hard to know. Did she have any children as I was wondering who decided to move her to Kirkby in Ashfield?
                      Just looked at Nottingham archives catalogue and nothing came up about land etc. Also looked at archives at Kew and nothing jumped out at me. Then had a look at Wills. There is one for a Mary Branckner in 1920 living at Whyburn Farm Hucknall. Husband William. Could she be a relative to Thomas. Keep thinking why was she in Hucknall.
                      Honest answer Lin I don't know if she went to live with Thomas' family. They didn't have any children together but Thomas had one son Thomas with his first wife Sarah. [I have tracked him and his wife and I can't even say that they had anything to do with Elizabeth] Thomas Jr was a 'trooper' & chelsea pensioner.. he dies in 1940. [and he lived on Church street Kirkby]

it might be that Thomas had siblings he was born and bapt 1836 in Linby, and tbh I haven't tracked his parents or siblings as he was a 'married in'.

I suppose that I should buy the death cert that would be the clincher.
                      Julie

Comment

Sometimes its nice to try and find out without buying certs first.

I love looking at different things first. It also fascinates my what info is out there.
                        Lin

Comment

sorry I didn't respond to the other post about Brackners in Hucknall. I know that there are quite a lot buried there and the name also is often used is Brecknock.
                          Julie

Comment

Sometimes its nice to try and find out without buying certs first.

I love looking at different things first. It also fascinates my what info is out there.
                            yep that is what I like to do too. I don't know how you fathom Kew out, I just don't get how to use it... I had looked on my BMD discs too. I'll have a look in a moment to see if he had any relatives and if they went on to work at Whyburn.
                            Julie

Comment

OK Thomas snr had a brother George b. 1838 and a merry dance HE has lead me. I have found him in 1901 census at New Farm Nuthall, with wife Mary and sons Richard/Ralph and Arthur. in 1901 their surname has been transcribed as BRICKWORK. There are a lot of variants of this name and wildcarding has become my new best friend.

hmmmn
                              Julie

Comment

There's a newspaper article about William of Whyburn farm in case it helps

Nottingham Evening Post 31 December 1947
                                Attached Files
                                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

It looks like the sister mentioned at the end may be this one, it's the only Brackner with a possible Phelps mattiage -

Marriages Sep 1876 BRACKNER Elizabeth - Basford 7b 192 married a possible Phelps William Heath Basford 7b 192
                                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Possible birth for that Elizabeth -
                                    BRACKNER, ELIZABETH mmn PECK - GRO Reference: 1855 J Quarter in BASFORD Volume 07B Page 139

Comment

Just realised that's the family I posted in 1861 post #9

Comment

Thanks ladies, I had been looking though not found much more...

not sure that whyburn farm is a connection though.
                                        Julie

Comment

I'm not entirely convinced either Julie. Have been going round in circles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X