Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old computer died - Need to transfer to new computer

Hello

My old computer died and I need to re-install FTM 2017.

I've been a user of FTM since the 2005 version. When I upgraded to 2017 in Oct 2017 I didn't pay extra for the hard disk version. Now I need to install FTM-2017 on the new computer.

I can't find the original e-mail from Oct 2017 so I don't have the activation key anymore.

How do I go about getting the software?

Regards

Rick

contact them they are very helpful
    Software MacKiev Support
    service@mackiev.com

Comment

Thanks Val

I've sent them a request

Comment

good luck

Comment

There is no activation 'key'
          When you purchased, they sent a download link to where the software can be downloaded from.
          Therefore, they will have your details on file and should be able to send you a download link to the email address that you gave when you purchased.

My link on the email I received still works

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

that's my problem Trevor.

I can't find my original e-mail with the link. I'm in contact via e-mails with MacKiev support and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thanks

Rick

Comment

Mackiev re-sent me the link for my FTM 2017 version and I'm back in business. Thank god for backups which I do monthly as I had about 30 years worth of research in my data files with over 14,000 names.

Comment

Working...
              X