Thread: Taukkyan Commonwealth Cemetery, Yangon, Burma (Myannmar)

Taukkyan Commonwealth Cemetery, Yangon, Burma (Myannmar)

Hi

I will shortly be visiting Myanmarr on holiday and during this trip I will stopping off at the Commonwealth Cemetery and Memorial in Taukkyan where British and Commonwealth soldiers from WW1 and WW11 are buried. Whilst I wont have lots of time I am more than happy to take any photographs if anyone has relatives that are buried there. However, I will need to know the relevant grave details to ensure that I know where I am looking. Please PM me if you would like me to try to undertake this.

Thanks

Gill

what a great offer hope somebody takes you up on it, shame I dont have anybody there.

Val

Quote Originally Posted by Gill D View Post
    Hi

I will shortly be visiting Myanmarr on holiday and during this trip I will stopping off at the Commonwealth Cemetery and Memorial in Taukkyan where British and Commonwealth soldiers from WW1 and WW11 are buried. Whilst I wont have lots of time I am more than happy to take any photographs if anyone has relatives that are buried there. However, I will need to know the relevant grave details to ensure that I know where I am looking. Please PM me if you would like me to try to undertake this.

Thanks

Gill
    Hi Gill,
    Wow - thrilled to see your kind offer - I've just sent you a PM.
    Hope you have a great trip.
    Regards,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY
    (assorted Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Co Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballyculter, Strangford, Co Down)