Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do you trace ...

  1. #1

    How do you trace ...

    ... parent's of someone born after a census? What am I missing in not being able to find out?
    I suppose I could order their marriage from the GRO but is there an easier way on Ancestry?

  2. #2
    If you look for the birth of the person on the BMD records you should find the mothers maiden name. Hopefully then you can find the parents marriage.
    Try this before ordering the certificate, unless of course its a common surname.

  3. #3
    Member Sylvia C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    For England and Wales, July 1 1837 to ca 1980/1990

    mmn shown after mid-July 1911

    The GRO Index has mmn from July 1 1837 to ca 1919

    You have to register but it is free.

    Click on Order Certificates Online, then on Search the GRO .....

    Scroll down, Register if first time, then Log In

    Click on GRO Indexes

    Look for county bmd or opc (Online Parish Clerks) if in England or Wales.
    St Mary's Church, Bruera, Cheshire. This part of the church dates back to Norman times.
    Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts