War records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War records

Hi, can anyone see any records for Clifford WM Garlick b. 1924, Berkshire or his father George E Garlick b. 1898, Berkshire? My partner says his dad told him many stories but I can't find anything for him. I will try odd spellings as have had a look for all the info above and nothing comes close!?
    Thanks

do I take it you have the birth records?

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by Guest; 07-01-19, 15:27.

Comment

in case he is alive have deleted the post

have pmd you, if you want his full record you can send for it
        Get military records of service for the Royal Navy (including Royal Marines), British Army and Royal Air Force - who can apply, how long it takes, cost, how to apply.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-01-19, 15:32.

Comment

Are you getting his initials and year of birth mixed up? The only one I can see with father George E was M W (not WM) registered in Jan 1922 MMN Storey and his death is -
          Clifford Murray W Garlick - Death Age 78 - Birth Date 8 Dec 1921 - Registration Date Nov 2000 - Registration district
          Oxford - County Oxfordshire - Register Number D55D - District and Subdistrict 7021D
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 07-01-19, 18:35.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes, sorry initials wrong way round! They are both deceased now so no worries about that. I'd be really interested to see if there are any records before sending away for them! Thanks

Comment

afraid you wont find them online, will have to apply for them

Comment

Thanks Val! I thought some of the records were on Ancestry though?!

Comment

Not for WW2

The closest survivor has to apply ........ spouse, child

It costs around £30
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

To be honest ,I was surprised to find what I did about his army record online , am sure that's not normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X