Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register

Hi

I am searching for my MIL on the 1939 Register, she is still alive and will be 90 years old in March. I think that as she is still living I will not be able to see her record but would I still be able to search for her, if that makes sense. She is not on the record with her Mother, Stepfather and two brothers and there is no blanked out record in that listing. She has suggested that she went to live with another family in Warminster but I dont think she is 100% certain when and cannot remember their names.

I have undertaken a variety of searches both in East Ham, Essex, where the family lived and Warminster but so far unsuccessfully. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how else I could search.

Many thanks

Gill

So in 1939 she would be about 10 ? maybe she was with grandparents?
    When and where did she marry? might be in that district in 1939
    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-19, 13:29.

Comment

Val - Thank you I hadnt thought of that, I will do a search and let you know Just off out to lunch so will look later.

Comment

If her entry is redacted because she is still alive she wil not show on a search.

Comment

Just realised that both grandparents are dead!

Thanks Jill, this is what I wondered. So if she is with another member of the family she wont come up on a search anyway. So i'll park that search!

Thank you

Comment

Although she shouldn't show on a 1939 register, you might be able to find out where she moved to, if it was recorded in the log of her previous school.

Comment

A number of my living family appear in local newspaper reports during the war years winning school prizes, or participating in local events so you might be lucky and find something of that sort.

Comment

Working...
              X