Help please ww1 MIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please ww1 MIC

Has anybody who has access to military records on Ancestry or FMP, could possibly post pictures of medal records for Robert Gardner born 1.10.1896 kirkintilloch, Scotland. He was in the Royal Navy Division from Oct 1914 until he was demobbed in 1919. Thanks in advance

GBM_ADM339_0158-GARD_00097.jpg
    Is this him

Comment

Yes that's the correct Robert gardner

Comment

have pmd you
        Attached Files

Comment

this one has got repeated sorry
          thats all I can find
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 03-01-19, 00:37.

Comment

GBM_ADM339_0158-GARD_00100.jpg

Comment

I'm having a bit of a stab in the dark here, I've still not been able to come across any actual index cards for medals for Robert although it does state on his record card above that he was awarded the good conduct badge and the 1914-1915 star trio, would he have also received the victory medal at the end of the war.

Comment

Probably

But it was usually mailed to the men after the war was over.

Sometimes you can be lucky enough to find that the war record is complete enough to contain the signed card that had to be returned stating that the man had received the medal in the mail.

But, as you know, it is rare to find complete records for servicemen in WW1 and you are very lucky when you do find such. I was lucky with my grandfather's record, which is how I know about the card.
                My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Just a thought - do the MICs in the Ancestry database include awards to men who served in the navy & the RFC/RAF????
                  I can't find a MIC for the father of my friend who started off in the army, but in 1918 transferred to the air force.
                  I don't know the answer, hence my question.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                  X