X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Scottish records

Can anybody help me with locating a m.m.n and d.o.b for
    Jane (jean) Towers who married Joseph Gardner on the
    25th May 1859 in Kirkintilloch, Dumbartonshire.

I think you will have to buy the cert. You can download it instantly from the Scotlands People website. Well worth the money as Scottish certificates are much more informative than English and Welsh ones.

OC

Comment

is this any use as a starting point?

TOWERS
      JANE
      WALTER TOWERS/JANE SMITH FR939 (FR939)
      F
      16/11/1834
      498/
      40 158
      Kirkintilloch
      Buy credits
      TOWERS
      JANET
      WALTER TOWERS/JEAN SMITH FR930 (FR930)
      F
      17/09/1832
      498/
      40 140
      Kirkintilloch

Sorry, I've no credits left to get more information,
      Last edited by Cath RJ; 07-12-18, 12:46.
      Cath.

Comment

Side discussion, but familytree has suggestions about the children of Jean & Joseph:
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

familysearch has a probable baptismal record, which is probably a transcription of the record that Cath found
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Name: Jane Towers
        Birth Date: 16 Nov 1834
        Birthplace: KIRKINTILLOCH,DUNBARTON,SCOTLAND
        Father's Name: Walter Towers
        Mother's Name: Jane Smith

Comment

Thanks everyone that's helps loads

Comment

snowywhite ............

did you know that Scotland's People is a pay-by-credit site, not a subscription site, so people have to buy credits to see any details?

So you are asking people to use credits to look for you. It is more expensive than an annual subscription where you can do unlimited searches!

It is possible to see some basic information for free, as Cath posted, but you need to buy the credits to see the details.
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I'm sorry to all who have help I didn't realise, my appologies

Comment

Originally posted by snowywhite View Post
                I'm sorry to all who have help I didn't realise, my appologies
                No worries - familysearch is, of course, free, and it has transcribed many of the Baptismal and Marriage records that are available on SP, but may lack some of the record's detail.

Ancestry has transcriptions of the Scottish censuses up to and including 1901.

Comment

Working...
                X