Moving FTM to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving FTM to another computer

I am new to FTM and have noticed that if I click on a media file it gives me the path to the file on that machine.

If I move FTM with it's media which in my case is in the FTM media folder only and is backed up automatically by FTM, to another machine which would change the path to FTM will this not spoil the path?

Perhaps I should not 'move' but should create an export first?

Don't be tempted to move folders etc, as it will cause problems in your sync with Ancestry if you have this.
    Use the Backup option instead.
    When you select backup, you will see that you can back up the structure file, all media attached to it etc, as well as allowing it to continue sync with your Ancestry file if you restore from the back up.

This creates a single file (FTB format), which you take to the new PC and then use the 'Restore' option to restore the structure file and its connected media on the new PC

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
    X