Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry No Quick Edits

Hi,

Has anyone here had any problems on Ancestry with using the "quick edit" feature on trees?

I have two computers at home; one is my husband's. We have a wireless router.

I made my trees from my computer. I can't edit since 7 days ago when Ancestry added their winter sales specials and upgraded features on DNA matches.

However, I can make the edits and make trees, etc., on my husband's computer.

I have called repeatedly to Ancestry and they claim the problem is my computer.

There are also a series of numbers at the upper left side of my home page that weren't there until 7 days ago; ditto for a "spinning circle" (loading icon?).

I cut and pasted the numbers and did a search; they see to related to Ancestry's genealogy company that does the software for the trees online.

Any insight/help would be much appreciated.

If you have been in touch with Ancestry, I expect you will already have cleared your cache, browsing history and made sure that your browser is up to date? If not, you definitely should do both. Folk get cross when they are advised to do that but it is often the solution.

Have your tried a different browser perhaps?

Do you use Chrome with the DNA extensions? If so, make sure they are also up to date and turn them off and then on again one at a time in in case that is the problem.

I use Chrome with the extras and it is all working fine as far as I can tell. I was making a Q and D tree this week and the Quick Edit was fine too - I don't usually use it.

Did you upload your tree and are editing it on line or do you use FTM2017 and then sync it and then edit it - I can't help with that as I don't use it, but others do and may be able to offer suggestions.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I used Quick Edit last evening without problem. My browser is Silk.

OC

Comment

TEST POST - I just sent one and don't see it...

Comment

Hi,

Did all the Ancestry suggestions 8 days ago and then some. Tried over three browsers - Chrome Google, Internet Explorer and Edge. Everything works with all browsers on hubby's computer. I still can't create or edit trees.

I log into Ancetry and work on my trees from there. Not sure what FTM2017 is. Haven't heard of Silk browser but will check into it.

Ancestry zero insights/suggestions on the problem. Not sure why it all came on when they changed/added new material in the DNA section.

Comment

Could I ask what Chrome DNA extensions are. All new to me.

Comment

Information here and on the forum we also have our DNA Research section which may be of interest.

Comment

The extensions are to help with sorting out DNA matches on Ancestry - there is a little about them on this thread: https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...=1#post2635106 - it maybe that you once tried them and forgot they are there.

It rather looks as though your own system may have issues with Ancestry if you've tried all their suggestions on all the browsers. A thought, did you clear every single ancestry cookie right back to having to log back in?

But if this is your only copy of your tree, I would 100% recommend that you download it and thus create a backup rather than just having it all in the sky. Loading the GEDCOM into desktop software will also help sort out any errors as maybe your tree is confused about an entry although that's doubtful if you can work on your husband's computer. Maybe then you could upload the backup to start a fresh one.
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hi

Thanks so much for the links/info... will have to study up.

Today I found out that I didn't quite understand what hubby was trying to do...disable the anti-virus software as well as the ad software (I only did the ad software). So he went in to check and disabled the anti-virus and Ancestry edit worked across all browsers.

Problem is I'm on the computer 4-5 hours a day and that would leave my computer unprotected. So we're going to call IOBIT customer service tomorrow to see what we can do.

Comment

Working...
                  X