John white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John white

Desperately trying to locate the parents of John White who was married to Tabitha Ransom in Edington, Wiltshire. I've no birth or death for John but do have a marriage date of 10th Oct 1799. Any Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The 1851 census suggests that his birth year was 1766 and his wife's 1776, with their ages shown as 75 and 65 respectively.

Comment

Note that a LOT of information on the later years of John White has already been found and posted on the thread titled "Mary livinia white"
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I haven't had time to do much research, but looking at the baptisms, I suspect there may have been two couples called John and Tabitha White in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by HTSCF Fareham View Post
          The 1851 census suggests that his birth year was 1766 and his wife's 1776, with their ages shown as 75 and 65 respectively.
          Do you mean the 1841 census? That couple was in West Harnham, which is not very close to Edington.

Comment

Thanks all for input, the only reference to John in previous thread was about his children, I'm trying to find his parents and ancestors. As his grand daughter also married a White so trying to travel back to see if there is a family connection.

Comment

snowywhite ............

when we are looking to help, and information is scant, we often move forwards to try to find something that MIGHT help with earlier information.

That's why I mentioned that a lot of information on LATER had already been found, to avoid people wasting time trying to build the picture.
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

??????

a Tabitha White was buried 24 Dec 1836, birth year ca 1770, Edington, Wiltshire

no further information.

This COULD give an indication of possible birth year for John White.

We are of course dependent on Parish Records being online, and do not really know where John White was born. It could be Wiltshire or anywhere else in the UK!

Comment

A Tabitha Ransom was baptised Edington 16 Dec 1770, parents Wm Ransom and Martha

Comment

The Banns of marriage, read on the 8th, 15th and 22nd of September 1799, state that John White and Tabitha Ransom were "both of this Parish", which indicates that John was living there at the time of the marriage, but doesn't mean that he was born there.

Witnesses at the marriage were:- George White, Wm White, Ann Hayman (??sp), Jane White, and Elizabeth Wells.

William White, Carpenter, married Elizabeth Wells on 30 November 1799 (it's the next entry in the Parish Register)
                    Last edited by Sylvia C; 23-10-18, 22:36.

Comment

Working...
                    X