Mary livinia white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary livinia white

Evening all I'm having trouble for some reason accessing 1861 census. Could someone find in the 1861 Census the parents of Mary.
    They are Thomas Nash White and Mary Jane White. Believed to be living in Heywood, near Westbury in Wiltshire. What Parish does Heywood come under. For some reason accessing 1861 and 1881 censuses on Freecen.org.uk keep coming up with no results, is there a reason for this.

Thos and Mary J White are living in Heywood Road, Westbury in 1861, with children Malinda L, 3 and Frank J, 2.

Odd that Mary Lavinia's living with her grandfather on the later censuses.

Heywood's a parish in the Westbury registration district.
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-10-18, 00:20.

Comment

Thanks Mary is that grandparents on mother or father's side

Comment

Grandfather James White, widower, born Edington c. 1804.

Mary L was living with him and other family members in 1871 and 1881.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-10-18, 00:33.

Comment

That'll be the maternal grandparents then

Comment

From a quick look at the baptism indexes on FamilySearch, I think James would be the father of Mary L's mother Mary Jane, whose maiden name was White.

Comment

Originally posted by snowywhite View Post
              That'll be the maternal grandparents then
              Yes, maternal grandfather. I accidentally put "grandparents" earlier, but I edited the post.
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-10-18, 00:41.

Comment

Lol, what was the location of Mary with her grandparents in the later sencuses

Comment

Mary's great grandparents were John white (no birth/death date) and Tabitha Ransom, but I cant find Johns parents
                  Last edited by snowywhite; 23-10-18, 00:55.

Comment

In 1871, James White was farming 159 acres at Sheep-house Farm, Warleigh hamlet, Bathford, Somerset.
                    Also living with him were his son Edwin James White, 32, widowed daughter Sarah Leonora Pizzey, 31, unmarried daughter Lydia M White, 29, granddaughter Mary L White, 9, and grandson John B J Pizzey, 1.

Comment

In 1881 James was still in Warleigh; the name of the farm isn't given, but it's still 159 acres.

Also living with him were his widowed daughter Sarah L Pizzey, 36, granddaughter Mary L White (visitor), 19, grandson Blakeney Pizzey, 10, and a male farm servant.

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-10-18, 01:07.

Comment

Thomas Nash White married Mary Jane White in March quarter 1857

from ancestry ...... Wiltshire baptisms

Thomas Nash White was baptized 20 July 1821, son of Thomas White, Farmer, and Lucy

Thomas White married Lucy Long, 8 Dec 1811, Edington

Wiltshire Marriages ..

Thomas Nash White, age 34, married Mary Jane White, age 23, 18 Feb 1857, Edington. Father shown as Thomas White, Farmer. Mary Jane's father shown as James White, Farmer. Witnesses James White and Sarah Leonora White
                        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Mary Jane White was baptised 29 May 1833, Edington, parents James White, Farmer, and Jane

A James White married Jane Flooks, 24 June 1830, Edington

Sarah Leonora White, witness on Thomas nash and Mary Ann's marriage, was a younger sister of Mary Ann, parents James White and Jane

A Jane Flooks was baptised 28 Oct 1799, Edington, parents John Cue Flooks and Martha
                          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

According to the 1851 Census, James White was born about 1803, Edington

James White baptised 8 Feb 1803, Edington, parents John White and Tabitha

Comment

That's all brilliant thank you so much, but who was John white parents, that's the husband of Tabitha Ransom

Comment

Working...
                              X